X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Options and hiding the original from the basket

Hiya guys and gals

I am trying to build a site where we have a product, call it X

X has 3 sizes and therefore comes as XS (Small), XM (Medium) and XL (Large)

I have 3 products set up XS,XM,XL all with stock control enabled and have created the product X which does not have stock control enabled.

XS, XM and XL are all components of X allowing the user to choose the size of the product and X pricing is set to Component pricing only.

When the product is added to the basket, it shows as the user having ordered both X and the sized product, eg XS, although X has no price.

If I hide X, the product is not there at all

I need X to not show in the basket, only the relevant size option chosen (and any associated accessories).

Is this possible?
    Visit http://www.wonderlandparty.co.uk for Fancy Dress Costumes and Accessories. Possibly the largest choice available on the Net

Hi,

This knowledgebase article should help.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

I have the same problem, but I'm not sure Tracey's solution is the correct one. I've just tried it and it quite rightly hides the component QTY in the basket, but I want to hide the main product details and just display the component details and Qty. I'm assuming this is what you're trying to achieve?!

So did you manage to resolve this, or should I just stop wasting my time?

Cheers

Anthony
      Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
      www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Hi,

but I want to hide the main product details and just display the component details and Qty
        In this case you should select 'No Order Line for Main Product' in the component and then set the Pricing Model on the product to 'Sum of Component Prices' and a tickbox option should display for 'No Order Line for Main Product'.

I hope this helps.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey. I was using this option earlier for something else, but didn't think to check it was on! Now I feel truly humbled.

Many thanks

Anthony
          Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
          www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Hi Anthony,

No problems, it's an easy one to miss.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...