flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash

I am looking at putting a flash menu into Actinic. Does Actinic support flash?

you can add a flash menu, but I am sure there are people here who will dissaud you.

the main problem with flash menus is that they increase load time, not everyone will be able to see them and you will have to add additional navigation for search engines to crawl

Comment

really appreciate your help on that. many thanks.
      trevor

Comment

I agree, keep away from flash. If I get to any site with flash then I go elsewhere. I have heard a statistic that if a page doesn't load within about 8 seconds most people will consider looking elsewhere. The last thing you want on a shopping site.
        Andrew
        Andrew Fish
        Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
        For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
        "Batteries without the overcharging"

Comment

In my view, done properly and with a knowledge of keeping file sizes to a minimum Flash is extremely useful. Not only can you introduce moving elements to your site but you can also use flash to import data, intergrate it with php and msql...and Flash file sizes can be kept under 20kb. As long as you know what you are doing.
          <br />
          Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
          <br />

Comment

Flash is a great tool, but I think the issue here is whether is it really the best solution within an ecommerce store.

ecommerce requires a site has has easy navigation and is quick to load, and you can fly from one page to the next without encumberences

Comment

Best solution...no. Nice looking solution yes.
              <br />
              Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
              <br />

Comment

We have used Flash on this site MyFamilyName not as a menu but you can see how quickly it can load
                Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I have a bit of Flash at the top of the screen, not as a menu. It just makes the site easier on the eye. I'll be the first to admit that im not that good. But I have had some good feedback from the simplest of things.

Also the myfamilyname link doesn't work.
                  Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
                  When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Also the myfamilyname link doesn't work.
                    It is working now. Always was as far as I know
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                    X