Having a default country in 'select country' box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a default country in 'select country' box

This is just a minor niggle but I've been trying to work it out and wondered if anyone could help. We have only recently extended the online ordering to overseas customers and it's working lovely. However we still deliver 95% of orders to UK addresses and one thing we have noticed is that adding overseas delivery has made the process a little longer for the majority of our customers. Now they have to select their country!

It would be great if we could put in United Kingdom as the default selection in that dropdown box at the first stage of ordering rather than 'Select Country'. UK is at the top of the list so I presume it's a case of deleting 'Select Country' but can't find out how. We are still using version 6.1.2 if that makes a difference.

Any help gratefully received.
    Josie Henley-Einion
    Collectors Supplies
    http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Hi Josie

Go to "Advance | Template Manager", here click on the "Ordering" tab, and click on the "Location" button. This will bring up "Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html".

Simply find the line thats reads:

Code:
    <td width="33%" align="LEFT"><span class="actrequiredcolor">NETQUOTEVAR:LOCATIONPROMPT</span></td>
    Comment this out, so you should have it set as

Code:
    <!-- <td width="33%" align="LEFT"><span class="actrequiredcolor">NETQUOTEVAR:LOCATIONPROMPT</span></td> -->
    Save the changes and update the site. Should work, tested it on my default site, and now got United Kingdom as the first choice.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks very much Nadeem, that seems to work fine on my test site. However now I'm having trouble aligning the two boxes so that they both appear central - just a cosmetic thing but irritating. Any help with that one?

[EDIT] Actually no, it isn't working as expected on the main site now I've commented out that line! All it's done is taken off the 'Country' label and left the drop-down box still requiring the user to select a country. Is there any way I can get this 'select country' off? It doesn't appear to be in the locations list.
      Josie Henley-Einion
      Collectors Supplies
      http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Just had a quick check, okay you to remove the text, simply go to "Design | Text". Click on the "Go To" button and type in

Phase: -1
        ID: 193

If you remove this entries, the "Select Country" will disappear from the dropdown list box, however, you will have a blank line. You will not be able to fully remove this line I'm afraid

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X