7.02 new bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.02 new bug?

Actinic seems to now not remember my catalog tree and preview settings, but instead open the catalog in a fully expanded way - this only seems to have happened since 7.02 - was it SUPPOSED to do this? It's a little tedious to tell the truth....
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Hmmm... I've a feeling that this info is in the Registry and V7.0.2 uses a new branch of the registry compared with previous releases. Perhaps that's a clue to this problem.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

perhaps it reads from a different place in the registry, but writes to the old one?

Someone mentioned the settings for the orders being ignored when they leave the order screen and return - these would both be consistent with a different data-structure being read back as opposed to the one used for storage of these settings - wouldn't you agree?

Comment

Yep. I've not installed 7.0.2 (can't operate with the Customvar bug) so I cannot look. However a little peek with Regedit should let you see whether the info is munged.

Item 9 from the 7.0.2 Change List is:-
        The Actinic Registry is now kept in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE rather than HKEY_CURRENT_ USER. Ref: a_c/1274

Comment

I've also got this same problem. It is very annoying when you have to open and close Actinic multiple time during the day. I don't remember this problem in v7.0.1. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks!

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
            Yep. I've not installed 7.0.2 (can't operate with the Customvar bug) so I cannot look. However a little peek with Regedit should let you see whether the info is munged.

Item 9 from the 7.0.2 Change List is:-

I see the Actinic | Catalog7 structures under both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_ USER - although they are such an extensive registry settings, I will need more time to work out which is the version being read.

I'd rather not see all this data in the flipping registry anyway - with all the registry problems I've had over the years, I'm not convinced registry is the correct place for all this data....

Comment

It looks like they're in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog7\Sites\Site1 (old system)

I would guess that the 7.0.2 upgrade copies them over to the LOCAL_MACHINE tree, leaving the old ones to be unused from then on.

And the relevant entries are SelectedTreeItems and TreeState

These change when you close Actinic (7.0.1 that is - in old money).

Comment

Is this why my orders are now never in the same order that I left them in? i.e. I have to order them by Date ordered (or whatever) manually every time I open up Actinic now?
                Do I really have to poke about in the registry to stop this happening?
                Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Comment

It's happening to me too !
                  I already ask about this problem a week or two ago !
                  Still waiting for a solution. Yes, it's quite annoying !
                  Bernard Morin

Comment

I have just installed everything on a new laptop and I am getting the tree nuisance on this "from new" 7.0.2 install as opposed to the updated version on my old laptop.

Unfortunately I can't look at the reg on the old one as it ploughed the HD.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this yet?

Comment

Alistair - could you cliarify what you mean by 'Tree Nuisance' please? I've rather lost track of the problems being described in this thread.

The issue with Actinic not remembering the sort order of orders will be addressed in the next maintenance release. I could use more information about what problems you are experienceing with the tree though.

Comment

Chris

When I browse the "Content Tree" and then close Actinic it is not where I left it when I open it again.

It has stuck in a particular view of the tree and no matter what I do it is always the same.

Comment

There was another post earlier this month about the same problem !
                          No solution/explication were given by Actinic.
                          Quite annnoying for me: 8500 entries...
                          There's a « speed » issue also compare with version 5.0. I understand the program offers more features but... keeping the speed (ease of use) should be a priority !
                          Bernard Morin

Comment

Alistair/Bernard

Many thanks for the clarification. The reason for this problem lies, as others have stated, in the registry. Basically, when you import a site as a snapshot into 7.0.2 it brings all the registry settings with the site (include which tree item is selected) and places them into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Unfortunately, they do not get updated there and so Actinic always looks in there when it first starts and so the tree position never changes. We are looking to sort this out in a future maintenance release.

However, it is possible to do a quick and simple registry change to fix this.
                            - Close Actinic.
                            - Go to 'Start | Run', type 'regedit' and press 'Enter'.
                            - Use the folders at the side to browse to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog7\Sites\Site1' (replacing 'Site1' with whatever your faulty site is called).
                            - Right click on the 'Site1' (or equivalent) folder at the side and select 'Export'. This will enable you to create a backup of the registry settings.
                            - Then in the right hand panel located 'SelectedTreeItems' and press 'Delete' to remove the value.
                            - Close 'regedit'.

Actinic should no longer be stuck on a particular item in the tree.

Comment

Tried it Chris but;

With the value deleted it makes one branch difference otherwise it still opens up to the same view.

With the value reinstated but no value we get another view but always the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X