Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Processing - Cancelled Line Items

Folks,

Am I alone in having difficulties taking orders online and subsequently amending (that is, cancelling) one or more line items from said order?

For some reason, all those orders which have line items cancelled remain in the Order Processing screen's "Pending" tab! Here's the latest scenario (one of many):

1) An on-line order is taken;
    2) The order value = payment value (as you'd expect with an on-line order - I mention this as I've also created offline orders with invoice totals not equal to the payment values which, when 'manipulated' to balance (by employing discounts and suchlike) still do not transfer from "Pending" to "Completed");
    3) One item ordered on-line is not in stock;
    4) This out of stock item is cancelled and an equivalent (but different) item of identical value manually added to existing order;
    5) Order processed as usual - in-stock items all marked as "Shipped", the packing list and invoice are printed;
    6) However, the order itself remains in the "Pending" tab ... without a "Shipping Date" in the requisite field.

Despite there being a zero balance in the "Progress and Payments" tab, with all items not cancelled showing as "Shipped", I cannot move this order to "Completed" (which means I cannot get it to transfer via Actinic Link to Sage Line 50!).

Does anyone know how the item can be (legitimately) categorised as "Completed" without direct editing of the underlying Actinic.mdb database file?

Any ideas?

Regards

Steve E Crane

Director
    Jardin d'Eden Ltd

Contact Details
    Office: +44 (0)1902 844 811
    Fax: +44 (0)7092 308 966
    Company #: 04783532
    VAT #: 826 0478 27

Jardin d'Eden Limited - Purveyors of Distinctive Luxury Goods - Your Garden of Eden
    Cheers,

<B>Steve Crane</B>

What payment status does Actinic show (ie. full payment recieved, partial payment received, rather than balance) and what is the printing status for invoice?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

Hello!

It states: "Full payment received". Both the "Invoice" and "Packing List" show as "Printed", as one would typically expect.

The only 'missing' field is the "Date Shipped" one, presumably because Actinic sees a "Cancelled" item within the order as a single remaining 'un-shipped' item.
      Cheers,

<B>Steve Crane</B>

Comment

It does sound like a bug. In the meantime, if you select the order and export it that should send it to the completed tab (one of the tips I picked up from Jan).

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yes - I get this problem as well. I will notify the development team.

Comment

Overpayments

Chris (all),

In a similar vein to the problem(s) above, we have also received payment for an order where the customer wishes to not receive an alternative item (to the same value) so, when the out of stock item is cancelled, the payment made is correspondingly too great.

As we would be issuing a company cheque by way of a refund, I tried amending the Payments tab accordingly. However, I could not post a negative amount and all but gave up on this approach. After much consternation, I simply put the refund amount in as a positive figure, just to see if this would double the amount of the overpayment or to see, if by some fluke, it would negate the existing overpayment.

Yep; you've guessed it it accepted the entry and brought the overpayment down to nothing! Obviously, I am concerned that the software apparently does not know the difference between positive and negative numbers!

Firstly, I would like to be able to enter a negative value in the "Payment Amount" field (and/or have an option which displays as "Credit Issued" or similar), to take account of any overpayments. (Sometimes, due to rounding errors, the odd penny can prevent an order from transferring to "Completed" from "Pending", so this would prove doubly useful);

Secondly, (and only broadly related to the problem described herein) we would appreciate some additional payment methods entitled "BACS", "CHAPS", "Money Transfer" and "Miscellaneous", as we have to utilise the one labelled "Cheque" for all such entries.

Finally, in a later release of Actinic, would it be possible to introduce some additional fields into the payment window to remove the reliance on the free-text format of the "Comments" field within the window under the <View Payments> button? Specifically, I'm thinking of the following: bank sort code, chequeing account number, date of cheque, name on cheque, issuing bank. Quite simply, this would assist in tracing fraudulent transactions and bounced cheques, should the need ever arise.

Thanks again all ...
            Cheers,

<B>Steve Crane</B>

Comment

Logically, a 'refund' of £10 is the same as a -£10 payment. Actinic assumes that a new payment when the account is overpaid will be a refund and presents the appropriate 'refund' screen.

Doing it the other way around would be illogical (to quote Mr Spock).

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for that ... however, I'd still appreciate it if Actinic made this feature more 'clear'!

Cheers.
                Cheers,

<B>Steve Crane</B>

Comment

Thanks for that ... however, I'd still appreciate it if Actinic made this feature more 'clear'!
                  Understood. I'll pass it on.

Comment

Working...
                  X