• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro forma invoicing

Is this possible with actinic v7?

Thanks in advance

Hi there

I'm afraid you will not be able to do this in Actinic.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

I know this got a very quick and to-the-point reply last time it was raised, but has anyone got any ideas to a decent work-around?

I would like an easy way for customers that prefer to pay by cheque, to add items to the basket, then go partially through checkout, finally getting a kind of pro-forma invoice they can print out and send in along with a cheque?

(different to the 'cheque on delivery' option - or could this be adapted?!)

Comment

still no takers?! one last try...

The option 'Credit Card Details Sent Seperately' is very similar to what would be required for a pro-forma invoice. Only instead of the customer filling in card details on the receipt that the above option produces, the customer would just send a cheque back in.

Could the wording and layout of the receipt produced, be changed anywhere, to cover both options?

Is it in one of the perl scripts or something similar?

Greatly appreciatted if someone has an idea on this one

Comment

I'm not sure what you need on your pro-forma invoice, but a few actinic users have modified the text to create a 'send cheque with order' purchase method.

See:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=1719

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you Mike, that got me pointed in the right direction.

In case it helps anyone else in the future, here's what I chose to do...

1. In Business Settings | Payment & Security, I added the 'Credit card Details Sent Separately' option, and changed the text to "Cheque or Credit Card Details Sent Separately"

2. Then went to Design | Text | Goto | ID: 73 and added in some text that shows on the 'payment later' receipt to include info about paying by cheque, and who to make the cheque payable to etc.

3. Finally I just opened act_CustomerEmail.txt in notepad and added info about these alternate payment methods, and generally tidied it up to suit our site.

Ta-daaaa.... thanks to all the help from others on this forum, I now have a more than acceptable Pro-Forma invoice that suits both Credit Cards and Cheques

Comment

Working...
            X