Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to transfer site to new computer

Hi,
    If anyone could help I would be eternally grateful. I have just bought a new pc and need to transfer my site to the new one. I currently use catalog LE with the 25 item restriction. I've installed catalog again on the new pc using the original cover disc and it is version 6.0.2.0.0.0.DATA whilst on my old pc it is 6.1.4.0.0.0.DNNA, and I am therefore unable to do a snapshot from one to the other. The latest patch says it won't install onto the new machine so I'm stuck in limbo currently unable to transfer the site due to version incompatability.

Can anyone help as the old computer is really on its last legs and could give up the ghost any moment, and with it would go my site and orders.
    ache-relief.co.uk:::: Pain Relief Online

Have you tried copying the site1 folder from the old PC and replace the site1 on your new PC with the old folder.
    Not ideal I know, but It does work.

Comment

Hi tried this and everything seemed Ok, but on uploading on the new machine I got the dreaded server 500 error message on merging the web site and now the whole shop is down. Have asked support at my host (techno-web) to help but if anyone knows an instant cure for this please let me know.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Go into your site1 folder and delete all .cat and .fil files. Then ftp to your site, and go into the /acatalog/ folder and do the same. Delete .cat and .fil, then refresh the site.

Should work after this

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Thankfully the guys at techno-web walked me through this and everything is now working fine.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
          X