Upload Parameter Incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Parameter Incorrect

I have Actinic Business V7.02 evaluation. My problem is that I keep on getting an error "The parameter is incorrect". It occurs during the upload process right after sending base files, which is checked blue.

After reading many recent threads here, I found that the CGI Script ID Number might be a problem. In my case the script ID number was 100022, which seemed odd. I exported the network settings, changed it to a 1, imported edited network settings, but after the upload process it gets changed back to 100022 again. Is this a problem??

I am running a PC and a laptop with Actinic installed on each. Why - so that when I change stuff I can quickly check go back to a known good situation. Might it be a problem to run two machines with one Actinic licence in this mode? - I switched one off and I continue to have this problem. I have this problem on both machines by the way.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Actinic. It worked on the first upload, which I expected, because this has happened to me many times during my evaluation.
    Usually, it runs okay for "a while" after I reinstall, but today it errored out "Parameter Incorrect" on the second upload. I changed nothing and was trying to upload the "Best Seller" theme as it appeared after installation.

Could this be a problem with 7.02? I have looked for a location with known 7.02 issues but can't find anything like that.

I disabled my Zonealarms on each machine and I do have a firewalled Netgear router for anyone who might be wondering about that.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 100022
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST
    WEBSITEURL
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
    USEENHANCEFTP true
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
    SMTPUSERNAME
    SMTPPASSWORD
    CATALOGURL http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial8325/
    CGIBINURL http://trials.actinic.com/cgi-bin/
    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG <path>/acatalog/
    CODEBASE http://trials.actinic.com/codebase/
    FTPHOST
    FTPUSERNAME
    FTPPASSWORD
    PATHTOCGIBIN cgi-bin
    USEPASSIVEFTP false
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Thanks for any help. I may add more posts if I see anything worth mentioning.

Keno

This thread suggests it could be the trial space http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=parameter

using trial space accounts for why your cgi-bin number is 1000022 and why you can't reset it.

I would contact actinic support

Comment

Thanks for that information Pinbrook. I tested it and can upload using the Refresh option, and so I'm not "dead in the water here". Unless I get any other responses, I'll contact support to find out more about this, and post what I find out.

Keno.

Comment

In addition to my previous post "Parameter Incorrect":
        Submitted problem to Actinic Website but notice says wait 48 hrs for a response. Anyone got any ideas in the meantime?

As previously, mentioned I am using my PC and laptop. I was able to Web | Refresh an hour ago but now I can't do that anymore on the PC, but I can Refresh on the laptop- but of course I'm working with the PC.

On the PC, I had changed layouts schemes back and forth a few times, and changed pixel settings in Dreamweaver. Might that be the problem? I have loaded the Dreamweaver extensions, but maybe I forgot to uncheck the "Compact CGI" in Design Options | Miscellaneous . Still, you wouldn't think it would affect uploads.

I have taken the Network Settings file from the Laptop, which uploads, and imported them to the PC which does not upload. It made no apparent difference.

Oh - the CGI Script ID number mentioned above is 100022 on the laptop and it uploads on the Web | Refresh okay, but not on Web | Update.

When I get the message "The parameter is incorrect" - which parameter are we talking about? That's what I'd like to know....

Comment

Here is the fix for my situation

Actinic support replied to my query in a timely manner. It is a bug which will be fixed in a future release. I'm not sure how to prevent it from happening again, but here is the Actinic fix which worked for me on both my PC and laptop (Web | Update and Web | Refresh work for me now):

"Check if in Advanced | Network Setup window, Use Enhanced FTP is ticked ? If yes, then click on Convert to bring it back to Normal Mode, untick Use Enhanced FTP, and re-convert to Host mode (you may have to re-enter the Configuration File URL)"

Thanks Actinic support!

Comment

Working...
          X