lightweight delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lightweight delivery

I sell mostly heavy products using a fixed delivery charge of £4.95 for all orders. However, I have a couple of, quite popular, lightweight products that people often buy on their own.

Is there anyway of having a different delivery charge if someone buys one or two (but not too many!) of these items on their own?

eg.
    Light01 = 99p delivery
    Light02 = 99p delivery
    Light01 x 3 = 99p delivery
    Light01 + Light02 = 99p delivery
    Light01 + Heavy01 = £4.95 delivery
    John

Hi,

You need to set you shipping calculation basis to 'by weight' (View | Business Settings | Shipping & Handling). If the majority of your products are classed as 'Heavy' then you can set a 'default weight' (ie 10kg)and only set weights to those 'light' products (ie light01 - 1kg and light02 - 4kg). Then you need to add a class to your zone and set the grid up something like:

Weight...............Cost
    9.99kg.................99p
    10kg...................4.95

Set the Excess to 'Take the highest value in the table'

The above means that if someone orders up to 9.99 kg they will only get charged 99p for shipping so they could order 9 light01 items or 2 light02 items or a mixture of light01 and light02 items. However, as soon as they order a heavy item they will automatically get charged £4.95.

You may need to tweak the weights depending on how many of each light items a customer could buy before the cost goes up but this should get you started.

I hope it helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X