X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About javascript lists and affiliates

Hello,

In the "Javascript list" of the Design guide it is said :
    "The big advantage of this technology is that any web site anywhere on the internet can read this JavaScript array file and use the data within it. Therefore, any affiliate site on the Internet can include a list of the sections in your store that will direct customers straight through."
    Unfortunately there is no example of the corresponding code for affiliates in the guide. Has someone an example of this code ?

So far, using the Actinic guides, I've succeeded in creating "simple drop-down lists" of sections in pages outside my own site. But by "simple drop-down lists" I mean lists that do not use the refferer script, so that's of no use for affiliates.

By changing a little of the code I've also succeeded in creating drop-down lists of sections in pages outside my own site that use the refferer script (you can see a test page at the following url :
    http://www.tensiometre.com/testing%2...%20dropbox.htm ), but the only problem is that I don't know an easy way to make this list dynamic (that is to make it be maintained by actinic and always up to date with the changes in my shop).
    In my test page this list uses a javascript array file (I called it "Act_section_tree_test.js"). This files is a copy of the Act_section_tree.js file generated by Actinic, but I had to manually modify all the "section_tree[XX].sURL =" to get the pages url and not the whole code with the ss000001.pl stuff

For example I replaced :
    section_tree[1].sURL = "http://www.tensiometre.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?SECTIONID=Basic%5fProducts%2ehtml&NOLOGIN=1";
    by
    section_tree[1].sURL = "Basic%5fProducts%2ehtml";

So my questions are :
    - Is there already an example of the code to make such a drop-down list for affiliates ?
    if not :

- can Actinic generate a javascript array file such as Act_section_tree.js, but with only the page names in the "section_tree[XX].sURL =" and not the "http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?SECTIONID=......" stuff ?
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

can Actinic generate a javascript array file such as Act_section_tree.js, but with only the page names in the "section_tree[XX].sURL
    No.

However those full links don't go through a referrer script. They use the Actinic Search Scripts to take you to the product. They should work just fine from anywhere on the internet.

However if you're only using catalog and would rather take your customer directly to the product page then in your script that generates the links instead of using just

section_tree[1].sURL

try

Code:
    section_tree[1].sURL.replace(/cgi-bin.*SECTIONID=(.*)&NOLOGIN=1/,"acatalog/$1")
    and this will convert the long-winded actinic ones into direct urls's.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X