Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading a test area

Hi,

I believe in version 7 you can upload a test area to make ammendments to your store, while keeping the original store set up intact. How exactly do you do this?

Also, i am offering digital downloads - i would like to do a promotion that if three individual downloads are chosen then there is monay taken off the total. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Re Test mode. It's Web / Switch to test Mode. When you want to go back you'll find that the entry is now called Web / Switch to Production Mode.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks

Thanks for that - so what exactly happens here if i do this? Is there a seperate directory uploaded as a test directory i can view from my site that does not interfere with the original store?

Andy

Comment

Yes. Test mode won't interfere with your current site. However it will take up some room on the server, so take account of that if your server space is limited.

Test mode creates a sub directory of your existing acatalog directory called "test". This contains its own acatalog structure.

The perl scripts are renamed so they don't conflict with any existing ones.

When you revert back to Production Mode all that lot is automatically deleted.

To view your test site you'd look at www.mysite.com/acatalog/test/
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks

cheers - will check it out

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X