Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favicon error - should I care?

Hi,

I'm a newbie who has just launched a site and everything seems to be going great. Actinic looks like it is running smoothly and yet, when I used a webstatistics tool that my host provides, I found a number of hits for an "error" page called:

www.voguespirit.com/favicon/ico.

I have never heard of Favicon before. I searched the community pages and saw that it has something to do with adding your page to favourates. I can add to favourates without any provblems.

Does anyone know if this is just a phantom error i.e. not a real error, just a weird quirk of the web stats pack wrongly reporting something as an error page? Or should I be worried about this?

A Favicon icon is a neat way of customising the icon that accompanies your site when you save it as a favourite, or while it is active in your browser. You may have noticed some sites in your favourites do not have the usual Internet Explorer icon, but a custom one?

Browsers look for it and record an error if it is not there the same as robots look for robots.txt, but the error is nothing to worry about.

Tim Weaver
    WISE.CO.UK
    Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
    http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for that. Was worried something weird was happening.

Comment

Working...
      X