Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access format of ActinicCatalog.mdb file

Hello fellow Actinic users,

After upgrading from V4 to V7 and opening the ActinicCatalog.mdb file with Access 2000 I noticed that this file is in Access 95 format. However on another of my pc I installed V7 for trial and the ActinicCatalog.mdb file was Access 2000 not 95. So what's the "right" format for this file in V7 ? Can I upgrade my Access 95 file into an Access 2000 file without problem ?

Many thanks for your replies.

Jacques
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Hi there

For version 7, we use an Access 2000 database. So if you have access 2000, you can safetly convert the ActinicCatalog.mdb from 95 to 2000.

By converting, you should also see access clean up some unused space within the database.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Many thanks Nadeem.

I had already converted it (after making a copy ) but I was not 100% sure it was safe.
      User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Hi guys.
        I am trying to upgrade someone elses custom V3 site into a new copy of V7 Catalog. Been having endless fun trying to convert the old style embedded dropdowns/hidden products into components, attributes, and choices.

I have upgraded ActinicCatalog.mdb to Access 2000 format, but when I tried to do the same to SimpleShipping.mdb, I get:

Object Type Error Description
        Database Missing or broken VBE reference to the file 'dao2535.tlb'

My question is, can I safely leave SimpleShipping.mdb in Access95 format, or should I spend the time to track down this error and complete the upgrade.
        Developer v7.0.5;
        Dulcie Angel Bridal Accessories
        &
        Medscope Medical Diagnostic Equipment

Comment

Hi Doug,

If you have v7 and the customer has not made any changes to the Shipping Database, or modified shipping tables etc, then I would suggest dumping the Access95 Database and using the default Database by taking a copy from C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Original\ShipControl\SimpleShipping.mdb.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X