Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering Removed Products?

Hi

We sell some products that we only get allocated a limited quantity of. When these are gone they are are gone so we remove them from the site.

For some reason we still get orders for these products days after they are removed from the site, so we end up giving a refund.

Are they getting these items from a cached page or from an old cart cookie somehow and is there a way to control this?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

David
    Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Hi David

These products could simply be cache within the google searchengine which are still finding old sections within your website.

I would suggest in ftp into your site, and simply delete all .html files only. Once you have done this, then simply refresh the site again, so what you are doing is only uploading current html product pages.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Even if they got a cached page, I thought that the deleted product would be out of the .cat files so that cart could not order it.
      Bob Ladden

Comment

Hi there

I thought that the deleted product would be out of the .cat files so that cart could not order it.
        This is the case, but if by some strange luck, the .cat files where not being updated then the information may still be in there. Very rare, but it has happened. This could be down to permission.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X