Confirmation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation email

Hi, My confirmation emails aren't being sent out at all!! How do I fix this???

Hi David

My confirmation emails aren't being sent out at all!! How do I fix this???
    By putting in an SMTP server provided by the hosting company?

If you done this, then please give us more information like the website which has this issue so we can take a look.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Confirmation email - not sent

Hi Nadeem,

The website is www.acpackaging.co.uk

Where would I find the smtp server??

Comment

Hi there

Where would I find the smtp server??
        The SMTP Server would be supplied by your hosting company. Once you know this, then in Actinic, go to "Advance | Network Setup" and put the server name in here.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Try using 'localhost' first as that's often the easiest solution.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

In the FTP there is "krypton.webfusion.co.uk"

and in the mail (SMTP) server is mail.acpackaging.co.uk

is this the wrong way?

David.

Comment

Those settings look OK. I had a telnet conversation with your SMTP server and it responded OK.

What happens when you do the Test in Advanced / Network Setup?

Also check that you've told Catalog to send E-mails in View / Business Settings / Ordering / Miscellaneous.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Confirmation Emails - Verio do it again

This might not be directly relevant but Verio implemented a SPAM filter on their hosting packages a few days ago - the server name changed and not for the first time they forgot to tell anyone, so my confirmation emails haven't worked since. I've been on to them twice in the last 24 hours and the closest I've got is that the server name has changed from:
                mail-fwd.london21-verio.com
                to:
                mail-fwd.in.london21-verio.com
                This seems to check out on a test but the emails still won't go. Could anyone please tell me if they have the answer - I'm having to copy all the emails that should go from Actinic into Outlook - ouch.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

By 'Anti Spam' they might well mean that they've moved to authenticated SMTP which is supported in V7.

What kind of message do you get back when you try to send out an email from actinic?

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike - this is going to be a long one I'm afraid. In Advanced, Network Setup, Common Settings, Mail (SMTP) Server, I had mail-fwd.london21-verio.com - Verio told me to use this months ago and it worked fine until a few days ago when Verio implemented their anti spam system. Then, when I pressed "send now", instead of the usual confirmation. I got a box which basically said can't do it - Abort, Retry or Cancel - Retry didn't work (same thing) and the other two weren't much use to me. So one day I just closed the box and I got the email sent confirmation shortly afterwards. Great except I found out later that the email hadn't been sent at all! I phoned Verio last night and was told that it had changed to mail-fwd.inlondon21-verio.com - tried this, didn't work. Phoned them again today and was told to use mail-fwd.in.london21-verio.com (it's those little dots that make the difference) - still doesn't work, although tests OK in the Network Setup box.

STOP PRESS - I've done an upload from Actinic to my site to change a product and the mail works now - sorry guys - didn't realise that was necessary to make changes to the email settings work - I'll get my coat...........

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Not a problem. Just glad it's sorted.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X