Credit card digit force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card digit force

Is there anyway to force a customer to space out the credit card digits? For example xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx. I know they can actually type it out in several ways and it will still successfully process, but we would like to use this as a permanent format.

Thanks!

Hi there

We just use a normal text field for capturing credit card details. As far as i know, for what you want, you would need to use javascripting so it validates what you have entered, and if its in a wrong format, then it will prompt you to say "Please enter in the correct format".

You would need to search for a javascript that would be suitable for this, or get a javascript programmer.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem,

I can try to develop the javascript function myself, however could you tell me which file I should insert it?

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

Hi Christy,

When using the javascript, do you have a head declaration, if so, then it place it within the primary template that is in "Design | Options | Layout", click on "Edit" next to "Checkout Pages Layout".

Place the code here.

Once you do get this working, show us the site, it would be nice to see this in action

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi
          I found this as it looks to solve the problem but I am unable to get it to work

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...325#post212325

Comment

Looks like you got it working.

Regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X