Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the overall font

Why isnt this easyier by now?

I've changed the ACTSTANDARDFONT thing, and edited actinic.css to change the font family over to Century Gothic, but the site is still displaying everything as arial. Please dont tell me I have to check every template for <font> tags too!

- edit -

yes you do! FFS! whats the point in using CSS to define font styles and having an option to change the 'standard font face' if you then include '<FONT FACE="ARIAL">' in every template?? utterly pointless!!

Chris If you use Century Gothic then it might not get used anyhow. The user needs to have the font on thier system.

I think we have already changed the fonts in most of the templates but I will have to check this out first and maybe we could supply these to you.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

There are some themes which are entirely css driven, the clean layouts for example.

I expect you have chosen an older and thus non css theme, resulting in you having to change all the font tags manually.

Comment

yeah i understand Century Gothic isnt a standard font, however its the clients choice, and I've set Verdana as the secondary font, with Arial third if all else fails. If you have a set of templates without the <font> tags in it'll save me alot of time!

Comment

Hi Chris

What theme are you using?, because all themes (except the Specific Design - Non CSS) do not have font tags in them. The font are driven by a .css file using a custom variable.

Was this theme imported from an old snapshot from previous version? It really sounds like this is the case, and the basis of the old snapshot was not from a css theme. This would be the only reason you have font tags appearing in all template.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

I'm using the actinic original template, which was picked by default when i installed V7. the sites not been upgraded, it was a 'from scratch' build with V7. Now I know i'll use the css based themes for everything.

Comment

Nadeem

are you sure that .css based themes use only .css

I am sure that all the cart & checkout pages dont. I hope I am wrong

EDIT: from Act_Order02.html Business CSS

Code:
              <!-- Use the HTML below to have a drop-down for the 'How did you find our site?' -->
              		<!--
              		<TR>
              		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</FONT></TD>
              		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">
              		   <SELECT NAME="GENERALHOWFOUND"> <OPTION SELECTED>Please select:
              		   	<OPTION VALUE="Search Engine">Search Engine
              		   	<OPTION VALUE="Magazine">Magazine
              		   	<OPTION VALUE="Other">Other
              			</SELECT>
              		  </FONT></TD>
              		 </TR>
               	//-->
              	NETQUOTEDEL:GENERALPROMPT000
              	NETQUOTEDEL:GENERALPROMPT001
              	<tr>
              Last edited by garyhay; 09-Dec-2004, 03:11 PM. Reason: I am right
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi Gary

What you have shown is old code from previous version of actinic (when we did pre-css theme). It was not updated, if you see the code, it is commented out.

The user can just change these two font line to use span class instead.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem

Only the Table widths to sort out then
                  Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                  X