Actinic v7 just WONT upload right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v7 just WONT upload right!

Hi, im trying to get actinic to upload my shop to the root of a hosting plan i just bought. However, it seems to upload the entire shop in to the CGI-BIN directory, so nothing works when i try it.

It does this when I fill in the input box (in advanved > network settings) called Path From CGI-BIN to acatalog directory as "./acatalog/"

Notice i used only one DOT at the start. If i use two DOTS like "../acatalog", then it says the directory cant be found or something (see error message below).

Heres my network config in actinic v7, am i doing something stupid here?

Network Setup JPG

The error message I get all the time is:

The directory specified as the path from the CGI-BIN to the acatalog directory does not exist on the web server. Check the path. Also see the on-line help for "Path from FTP server to Catalog".

Thanks for any help you can give!

You might try asking your ISP for the full server 'path to your cgi-bin,' and then use that in the box for 'path from cgi-bin to actalog directory'. For example, if the full path to your cgi-bin is /home/sites/yourdomain/web/cgi-bin/ then the path from cgi-bin to acatalog would be /home/sites/yourdomain/web/acatalog/
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Thanks Bob, I tried your suggestion but it says "cannot move to [specificed] directory". Surely it needs to be a relative path such as "../acatalog", rather than a full-path like you suggested. But when I try ../acatalog, the network test says that folder cannot be found.

Surely if im standing in the CGI-BIN and want to get to ACATALOG, i need to jump-down (../), and then jump back up in to ACATALOG...thus "../acatalog/"

Webroot structure:

/root
      |
      |_cgi-bin
      |
      |_acatalog

Please if anyone can help I will be very grateful!

Seb

Comment

The starting '/' in the path tells it to start at the root. So even if it asks for a relative path it will use the absolute path.

It's hard to see what's happening and your jpeg seems to have gone. Can you export your network settings and then copy/paste them here (remember to cover up your username and password).

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Sure thing Mike.

Exported network settings here

Actinic network setup JPG here

Also if you like, i made this ASP page which is sitting in the CGI-BIN folder, requesting the server variables "APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH".

Find this ASP test page here

So grateful for your help guys!

Comment

Fill in the empty field in the FTP settings, i used to have similar problems until i did this. (../acatalog is how it should be).

Just so you know ../ means back one directory (or parent directory) , ./ means current directory.

Comment

Working...
            X