Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor email - turn off

Hi.

My client doesn't want the customer to receive the Protx confirmation email on placing an order. He has spoken to Protx and they told him it could be changed in Actinc so that the customer doesn't receive the 'Vendor email'

Does anybody know how I go about doing this? Protx said it was in Actinic, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Cheers

Ben.

Business Settings | Ordering | 2nd section down
    Is that what you want..
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

I have the same issue - I want to suppress the email sent from ProtX. ProtX support say:

"Our system will only send an email out if an email address is sent to us.

If you do not want our system to send emails out, do not send us a customer email in your transaction posts to our system. If we do not have an email address , we cannot email out."

So how do I prevent Actinic from sending ProtX the customer's email? Jenny's solution above suppresses the email that Actinic sends, I believe, rather than that sent by ProtX.

Comment

Hi there

To do this, you would need to remove the email address in "View | Business Settings | Company/Contact | Email Address". But Actinic will not allow you to remove this, you could put in a fake email address (this will be on a global scale, not just on your payment but even on the contact us page.), but there is no way you could turn off vendor email.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem, actually I think I've cracked it by commenting out the line in the OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl file which sends the user email to ProtX - this way I can retain it within Actinic but prevent it being sent with the rest of the info to ProtX.

Richard

Comment

That is the correct way to do it.
            When you set up Protx, that's where you have to add in your email address and password/encryption code to get the confirmation emails when you set up.
            I believe you can also just remove the email address from between the ""
            Tracey
            Tracey

Comment

Thanks Tracey

Comment

OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl

Hi
                I have removed the email from the quotes but the client still gets the protx email??

my $sConfirmationEMail = '';

any ideas?

Comment

Is this something that has started recently or have you only just changed it to remove the email address?
                  If its a recent change, did you also make sure you forced Actinic to see and upload the new, updated template by opening OCCUpgrade.ini (configuration file) and incrementing the number by 1. You may need to do this also.

If it's a recent problem and you haven't changed anything then I guess this could be down to the new Protx set up..maybe it is sending using the email details held in the merchant area, regardless of what is passed over in the Protx template.

If this is the case then I would recommend bringing this up in the Protx forum because they should know
                  Tracey

Comment

Tracey

These are recent mods to a new shop. I have been incrementing the ini file by 1 each time.

By the way if I do an update OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl does not get updated on the site if I check with my FTP program.

if I put the email address in, I and the customer both get protx emails and nothing else.

If there is no email address customer gets his order confirmation and the protx email. I only get the copy of the confirmation.

Basically removing the email address is not stopping the customer receiving the the protx email.

Gotta confess this is doing my nut in!!!!

Comment

ahh..I see what you mean..so you, as a VENDOR, don't get the email..but your customer does?
                      I can't imagine there's a way to prevent the customer from getting an email confirmation, from Protx, of their payment...why should there be?
                      Why would you want to prevent your customer receiving payment confirmation emails?

Unless I've understood you wrong
                      Tracey

Comment

I understand want you mean but my confirmation email from actinic confirms the purchase/price/download instructions, everything really.

Suppose there is no prob with the customer getting the protx email except...

1/ We have customised the order number and protx adds additonal digits to it. e.g. we create a number like A1006 and protx shows A1006-59483. We can live with this, just a bit annoying when youv'ew gone thru the hassle of churning out a number as you like it.

2/ More important than that the protx email doesn't list the item(s) purchased. It just has a table with headings and no content. The Price and other details are correct.

Comment

Did you eve rresolve as I have the same problem - is it a case of commenting out line 166 in the protx file - I am giving this a go.

It may remove the email address from the protx pages but should work

will let you know...
                          seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

Comment

Working...
                          X