Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping to Northern Ireland

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help us with a shipping dilema?

We have set up our shipping to use 'total value' and countries are charged according to order value ie. Uk mainland is £3.50 for orders under £45, orders over £45 are free, Uk offshore is £11.00 for orders under £45 and £7.70 for orders over £45. This seems to work well with our site.

However, we have had complaints from customers in Northern Ireland about the fact that they feel they get over charged. If it is only a small item it is delivered by royal mail at a minimal cost but if it is a bulky item it is delivered by parcel force which costs us about £10. At the moment our shipping terms just charge the parcel force fee and this is why they are not happy.

Can anyone help us sort out this mess? I presume we would have to go over to 'shipping by weight'? I need a solution that fixes this problem but is still fair on everyone else.

Kind regards

Granthams

Hello Steve,

My own view is that shipping by weight will always be fairer (or perceived to be fairer) than any other method as the customer pays what it actually costs to ship the order.

This isn't possible to do offline with a mail-order catalogue which requires a method like you are already using, but for internet transactions, it will work well. So if you sell offline from a catalogue as well, you will have to deal with having two different methods on the go if you use the weight solution.

Best wishes,

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
    X