Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coupon / discount not showing

help

when a customer enters a valid coupon code, why does it not alway show the discount. For some reason it will show the discount information and say that they will receive 10%, but the "Discount" and -amount is not showing in the cart all the time?

What could be causing this?

I noticed it more when you copy the URL from the coupon to use in an email, it does not always pick up the coupon code either and keeps asking for the coupon code to be entered??

If you want to see what i mean please visit www.choicestationery.com and use coupon code 56

or this url http://www.choicestationery.com/cgi-...&COUPON=566391

What could be causing this to happen?

**I have just noticed, that this only happens for people who have not visited our site before, if the site is already loaded or has been view recently it works fine, but from fresh it does not like it?
    Paul

Hi Paul

I have just been on your site, and added Canon BC01/BC02 Refill Kit to the cart, i then get the view cart screen, so i enter the coupon code.

Click on update and the code gets accepted with a message

Your Coupon / Voucher Code has been accepted - There is no need to enter it again. You will receive 10% discount.
    However the 10 % discount is shown only after you put in your address details and go to Netbanx.

This is normal in actinic to show the discount after the address (When set in "View | Discount and Surcharge Settings | Miscellaneous", and have "Checkout" and "Shopping Cart" ticked for Coupon Code).

Kind Regards

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

So...

How come when you go back to the site a second or third time etc (if its in your history) and do the same again, put the coupon code in it shows up with the discount in the shopping cart?

Surely if a customer enters a coupon code it should show the discount straight away, not wait until they enter credit card details.
      Paul

Comment

Hi Paul

Surely if a customer enters a coupon code it should show the discount straight away, not wait until they enter credit card details.
        No, because this is depending on how you calculating the coupon code with regards to tax. If you have set it to "Cart Value Including VAT", then actinic has to know which country you are from, before applying the discount. The customer could be shipping to another country, therefore actinic won't know until you enter the address details.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X