This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing top level section ONLY in sort results

I would like to show the top level section only in the search result. Currently you can set it to show section, but this shows the sub-section the product is actually in - I want to be able to show only the top level section not the full path - our products are actually located under a 4th level sub-section.
    Any help much apprecieated
    Thanks
    David Cunningham
    David Cunningham

www.truska.com
    -----------------------------
    ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Hi David

The only way to do this would be to edit the SearchScript.pl. But you need to understand perl for this.

There is no way in the Actinic software to achieve this.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Changing the Perl search script

Hi

Can anybody provide step by step instructions on what to do exactly in order to change the perl script so that it shows the top level section only in the search result?

Thanks in advance
      Baz

SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus
      Version: 12.0.2 NGVA

Comment

Since no-one has seemed to have actually done this in the 9 years since this post was made, it's unlikely that there is any detailed information readily available.

There are also a couple of things you should bear in mind when posting such enquiries:

1) Don't double post. It wastes the time of people who may be able to help.

2) Asking for step-by-step instructions for something is often seen as saying "I can't be bothered investigating / learning / commissioning how to do this so I want someone else to go to all the effort of doing it for me".
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If anything, you Norman, have just posted something that 'wastes the time of people who may be able to help'

I have been advised by a Sellerdeck support technician to ask for step by step instructions and have been recommended to this post by a trusted user who works for Peblaco, Actinic & SellerDeck website design & development, Official accredited partner!

Regardless if nobody has replied to the post in 9 years, who are you to say it hasn't been achieved by a user.

Please dont reply to this thread, or any of my threads in future.

Comment

Duplicate posting: Read the official FAQ (link in menu above) - para 6.

Top Sections in Search Results: I can think of at least 3 ways that could be done (I'm probably the most technically aware volunteer here and your best change of a solution) but will honour your request by adding you to my "ignore" list.

Comment

I dont understand why you wouldnt have listed those 3 ways that you have said in the first place then.. Very weird

Comment

It's simple really. You didn't ask for help or guidance but were very clear that you wanted exact, step by step instructions. That's an awful lot of work you're expecting someone to do for you out of kindness.

People on here are generally very helpful, but you have to be prepared to put in a bit of effort yourself.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I think http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-ques...tml#not_losing may be worth reading. Indeed the entire document is quite pertinent in spite of being 2001 vintage

Comment

Wow you guys need to chill..

Like I said to you before.. I was told to ask for step by step instructions by a Sellerdeck support technician AND have been recommended to this post by a trusted user named [EDIT]Peblaco, who works for Peblaco, as shown in the following link, where I have explained and asked for guidance.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54882

If you feel offended by the way in which i have asked the question then by all means forget helping me. I'd prefer if you didnt comment on the thread, like I kindly asked you before.

Comment

Guys, this thread seems to be going nowhere except raising everyone's blood pressure, so I'm closing it, hopefully everyone is OK with that.

Regards,
                      Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X