Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout - Cart is Empty

Hi me again.

A different customer - and different problem.

Customer has emailed me to say when he attempts to checkout his cart is empty.

Can anyone recommend what information I should get from this (or future customers) in order to trouble shoot.

Browser version? OS system? Any thing else?

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Cookies need to be enabled for your site to track the session. No cookies => nothing will apear in the cart.

Mike

I take it back, your scripts are broken. When I try to add something to the cart I get a cart plus 'shipping destination' in one. have you customised your scripts?
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike

Thanks.

With regards to this particular customer - they have stated:

"Yes I was able to add to cart and view after. When I went to check out thats when my cart was empty"

I have not modified my scripts (coding wise) but have used "business settings" to set-up choices for VAT and shipping charges.

Therefore when a customer adds their first item to their cart they are asked shipping destination. Once selected they should be okay to proceed and the item is added to their cart.

The only other coding I have done is to add the XE.com box into the shopping cart. I haven't altered any existing code though.

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Men's Clothing & Accessories
      Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
      Bath, England
      Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

I haven't seen this before and it is a bit strange that it asks you for the shipping destination each time.

So I guess the empty cart is down to the cookies then. When you add to cart it's done via a form statement. that would work fine without cookies, but when a shopper without cookies tries to view the cart or checkout, then the cart will be empty as the system no longer know which session/cart the shopper is using.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X