Old pc upgrade problem to 7.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old pc upgrade problem to 7.0.2

My client has quite an old pc on windows 98, 128Mb Ram. 7.0.1 ran ok on the machine.. You can see the icon on the desktop. upgraded to 7.0.2, as that is my developer version to copy snapshot into their version... It says it upgraded fine, the icon from the desktop disappears. If you click on actinic via program files, the hour glass come up for a few seconds and that's it. no actinic.
    Has anybody else had this. Support are looking into this ( I hope) but I was just wondering.
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Have you compacted the database? This helps sometimes.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

do you mean outside of actinic? but the state of the 7.0.1 before I did the upgrade was the orginal site1, as I reloaded it. so database had not been touched.
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design

Comment

Hi Jenny,

With regards to this issue on your client pc, for 7.0.2, we apply the site information into Hkey_Local_machine, as well as Hkey_Current_User, so i am wondering if this is the reason for the hourglass.

Hopefully the support team should pinpoint where the problem is stemming from. Let us know, when it has been resolved

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Never did get to the bottom of this.. However it will run 7.0.1 so I backtracked rebuild the system for 7.0.1 and the customer is populating the database. If the site works I think it will be a system upgrade with a new PC! It was the straw that broke the camels back.
          Jenny
          Hanson Web Design

Comment

Working...
          X