Paypal account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal account

Having spent some time convincing the client paypal is the best payment method based on being able to pay without opening an account. I now find out via the forum here that it's not available in the UK.

Is there any way around this do you know?

Or is there a better way?

Any pointers apprciated.

Rich.

Hi Richard,

I use Paypal in the UK, and can confirm it is available. We include a Paypal UK integration with the software.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Perhaps I've made an error, I have used the integration, but its still asking me to open an account. I will revisit to check.

Rich.

Comment

Your client will have to open an account with paypal to accept payments. you will then use the email address you register with paypal as the merchant ID when configuring actinic

Comment

I've checked again, and I don't see where I can select an option where paypal won't force the customer to open an account.

I see you can do this in the USA, but are you saying we can now do it in the UK too? do you know how?

Rich.

Comment

Thanks pinbrook,

I have set up the account and it's working, the problem is that I read customers now don't have to register for a paypal account to make a payment. Looking at the old threads it appears this option is only available in the USA.

It's no very smooth for customers (people purchasing items from the site) to have to open an account with Paypal to make a purchase. This is what I am trying to resolve.

Thanks again,

Rich.

Comment

I think in the Uk you have to have an account.

Comment

I think your right pinbrook.

Thanks again,

Rich.

Comment

PayPal is becoming more popular within the UK, but I wouldn't advise it as the only method of payment. To me it still has the "cheap option" "I'm not a real business" feel to it.

A proper commercial enterprise should have a more solid method of CC processing, either merchant acct or PSP

Comment

I agree with you. The client wants paypal because its cheap at 3.4%, you don't need a merchant account and he knows it.

I would like to get him onto a better method, maybe I'll look into this PSP (Payment Service Povider?) and see if there is a less 'clunky' option.

Rich.

Comment

Working...
                    X