Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always having equal Shipping and delivery countries

Hello fellow Actinic users,

I've got some questions about shipping and delivery countries.

We deliver to several european countries.
    I'm using Advanced tax setting because for some of our destination countries there are no VAT, but for most countries we use 19.6 or 5.5 % VAT.
    I'm not using the Simple shipping because the price depends on the destination country and there is a "Free over" value for shipping.
    We have configured the payment method so that some payments options are only accepted for some countries.

At the beginning of the checkout phase there are the two drop-down lists where you can select the invoice and delivery country and the field you can check to specify that you want a different delivery adress.
    Is it possible to always have the destination country equal to the invoice country selected by the customer (thus removing the second drop-down box) ?

Or stated differently : why are there a drop-box for the delivery country and a drop-box for the invoice country on the same page, just next to the the field that you can check to specify that you want a different delivery adress. It seems to me that if you select a country and do not check this field it should be obvious that both countries should be the same, so the two drop boxes are not needed on this page (it's confusing for the customer).

Many thanks
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Just forgotten to say that I want customers to be able to specify a delivery adress and an invoice adress.

Comment

Hi,

In the 'Tax' tab, what is your 'Tax By Location' set to? Mine is set to 'Tax by Delivery Address' and I only get the 'Shipping Destination' option.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hello Tracey,

It's on "Tax by Delivery Adress", but I have two drop-down boxes

Comment

Hi,

Have any of your 'payment methods' (View | Business Settings | Payment & Security tab') got the 'limited by location' option ticked?
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hello Tracey,

Yes I've got the option ticked.
            I know that if I remove the "limited by location" option I get one drop-box instead of two, but I'd like to be able to use the "limited by location" option.

Many thanks

Jacques

Comment

No one has got any clue ?

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid this would not be possible, if you want one dropdown list box, you would need to untick "Limit by Location".

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X