Multiple Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Sites

I am looking at purchasing a full copy of v7 to upgrade my current v6 store to leaving me with a spare v6 licence. What I am considering is using the 'old' v6 licence for a new store which will feature many of the same products as my main site.

What I would like to know is firstly is there any way I can copy and paste products and/or whole sections from one site to another across versions and secondly will I need a second payment provider account or can I have more than one store going through the same account. (I currently use Worldpay)

Thanks
    Steve
    www.laurenrose.co.uk
    www.shelovesdiamonds.co.uk
    www.gentsstuff.co.uk

Why dont you purchase Actinic Cover. This will give you a years support plus a V7 upgrade,

If you ask worldpay they will give you an installation ID and you can use the same account.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

If you purchase cover, then you will no longer have a spare V6 license. You could upgrade to developer and then you would be able ot have as many sites as you liked.

Regards,

Jan
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thats what I was thinking, if I purchase an upgrade I would lose the v6 licence. Whilst developer would be great for the £1250 it costs I could buy a further 4 v7 catalog licences which would be more than I really need at this stage. Can I cut and paste products and sections between stores though??

Thanks
        Steve
        www.laurenrose.co.uk
        www.shelovesdiamonds.co.uk
        www.gentsstuff.co.uk

Comment

It appears to be possible to Copy / Change Sites / Paste in both V6 and V7.

However you can't copy and paste between V6 and V7 in either direction, as these two versions use different clipboard representations.

Here's a prior discussion on this http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=7517

You could also investigate holding the common products in a separate database and use the Linking feature in both sites to use the same data.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X