Free Shipping on DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Shipping on DD

Okay, I think I've read all of the threads on this issue and understand that currently, free shipping of Digital Download (or other?) products can only be offered if your site implements either "By Quantity" or "By Weight" shipping options.

My site contains c.2,000 books and unfortunately simply has to charge shipping based on the value of the order. As I'm wanting to introduce a handful of DD products, this clearly is not going to work for me

My first question therefore is:

Is this likely to be offered as an option in the near future (v2.0.3)? and if not, using Catalog, how much does it cost to add additional sites so that I could put these new products in a mini site to operate alongside my primary one?

Thanks,

Ant

Hi there

I'm afraid this won't be an option in the forthcoming 7.0.3. With regards to pricing i would suggest in contacting sales on 0845 129 4800.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

You could copy your prices into the Weight field (in Product Details / Details) and change your shipping tables to reflect that.

As you have thousands of existing products you won't want to do a lot of typing. You can use a simple access query to copy the Price field (divided by 100 as this is in pennies) into the ShippingOpaqueData field in the Product table of ActinicCatalog.mdb. Then go back to catalog and set the few DD products to 0 weight.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X