Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loyalty points redemption + mirroring catalog + Points currency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loyalty points redemption + mirroring catalog + Points currency?

Well, here goes with a three questioned thread!

A customer of mine that is already running a successfull electricals site wants to have a sister site that mirrors the catalogue, but displays prices only in points. He is working with a loyalty card company (like tescos, nectar etc). There are three questions that I need to resolve in order for him to continue using Actinic for the second site:

1. Points currency
    He wants to display the price for items in a points value, not a currency - that's not a problem until you get to the next question:

2. Mirroring the catalogue
    He wants to export his existing catalogue into the new site, but does not want to display the prices from the existing site - he wants the new site to display a points value, which will not be 1-1 with sterling. E.g. a product might be £100 on the other site but 1800 points on this one. There will be a straight pounds/points conversion for all products though - he just does not want to show the 'real' value of the product. Is there any way that he can import regularly and display only one currency on the new site, which automatically calculates the points (using an 'exchange rate) from the sterling price imported from the old site. Or will he have to just import once, change the prices to points, change Pound currency to Points currency, then maintain two catalogues manually?

3. Loyalty points redemption.
    This is the biggie! If a customer has 10000 points on a loyalty points card how could they redeem these within Actinic (Business, not Catalog)? Could something be written similar to a credit card transaction engine, which goes offsite to the loyalty scheme's site, checks the users details against their loyalty card and debits the number of points from it? Is there another method that I've not thought of?

Any ideas on this would be appreciated!
    Martin B

Hi Martin,

Or will he have to just import once, change the prices to points, change Pound currency to Points currency, then maintain two catalogues manually?
    This is what he will need to do, have two sites running side by side.

With regards to loyalty points, i can't see this working in Actinic, but our partner Smart Decision has written a script for a loyalty card scheme. Here is the url: http://www.ecommerce.uk.com/actinic_...s_loyalty.html

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X