Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terms and Conditions display on checkout page

Hi guys

I want to get customers to use the checkbox to agree to the T&C, but I don't want to display them on the checkout page.

Ideally, instead of the line that says 'I agree to the terms and conditions given below', where 'below' is a link to a named anchor further down the page, I'd like to say something like 'I agree to the terms and conditions shown here', where 'here' is a link to a pop-up with the T&C in.

Is this achievable?

Thanks for help!

Helolo Richards,

In Act_order01 locate the text such as :

<input type="CHECKBOX" name="AGREETERMSCONDITIONS" value="NO" NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEAGREETERMSCONDITIONS> NETQUOTEVAR:TERMSMESSAGE</td>

(it should be a few lines under : <!-- Terms and Conditions checkbox begin -->)

Now comment out NETQUOTEVAR:TERMSMESSAGE (with the <!-- and --> ) and put your html code such as :
    <p><span class="actrequiredcolor">I Accept the Terms and Conditions displayed <a href="info.html" target="blank">here</a></span></p>
    (info.html is the page with your terms and conditions)

So it should look like this :
    <input type="CHECKBOX" name="AGREETERMSCONDITIONS" value="NO" NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEAGREETERMSCONDITIONS> <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:TERMSMESSAGE --> <p><span class="actrequiredcolor">I Accept the Terms and Conditions displayed <a href="info.html" target="blank">here</a></span></p>
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Brilliant, just what I needed - many thanks Jacques!

Comment

Hi

I implemented this code and the link works but it still displays the terms and conditions at the bottom of the checkout page as well.

http://www.theindianweddingcompany.c...in/os000000.pl

Any ideas as to how to get rid of it please?
        Thanks
        Sheila

Comment

Hello Sheila,

In the "Design Options" window and "Miscellaneous" tab is "Terms and Conditions on Separate Catalog pages" selected ?
          User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Yes it is selected. Thanks.
            Thanks
            Sheila

Comment

Hi there

To get rid of the terms and conditions on the checkout stages, edit your Act_Order00.html, Act_Order01.html, Act_Order02.html and comment out "NETQUOTEVAR:INFOPANELS".

This is the variable which brings in the T&C.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem. Looks much tidier now.
                Thanks
                Sheila

Comment

Working...
                X