Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Validation Message in Checkout

Run into a brick wall on this one

In the checkout phase if invalid details are entered, Actinic returns error messages, for example if no card type or an incorrect card number is entered.

The problem I'm having is that when these error messages are generated they mess up the format of my checkout, as they format themselves 550pix wide and I need them to get down to no more than 400pix.

Trouble is I can't find what file or template is creating this format or what I need to edit.

When I look at the source code of the live checkout the code being inserted is as follows...

<!-- Order02 HTML begin --> <TABLE CELLPADDING="10" WIDTH="550" BORDER="1"
    BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><tr><td><SPAN CLASS="actrequiredcolor">
    <B>Payment Method</B><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
    <SPAN CLASS="actrequiredcolor">Credit Card Number:</B>
    </SPAN>is an invalid number.<BR>

I checked the Act_Order02 template and the first things I see there are the NETQUOTEVAR:ERROR NETQUOTEVAR:REFPAGE.

But how can I edit the above netquotevar(s) to get the code generated from WIDTH="550" to WIDTH="400" ???

Please help
    Last edited by GrahamL; 16-Dec-2004, 11:03 PM. Reason: formatting

Probably in Design / Text / Goto / Phase -1, ID 2178.

Don't change the position or number of the %s fragments.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Fantastic, that has worked of course Norman!

I didn't even know that was there!

One last question though, how did you know it was Phase -1, ID 2178 ??? (It might be useful for me if I need to find something similar in the future!)

Comment

Design / Text has a "Search" box. I put width="550" in there and bingo!

Sometines a phrase is repeated so it's always worth continuing the search for all matches.

If you get several likely results you can always make minor (but different) changes to them all and see what happens.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X