Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon Codes

Hi

I have setup a coupon code that offers a free product, this works fine but I have noticed that after selecting the free product when you go back through checkout you have to enter the coupon code again otherwise the item price for the free product is added to the cart total.

Is there a way that once entered the coupon code can be remembered for that session.

Note - I only display the coupon code on the checkout pages.

Regards

Brian

No offers on this one, perhaps I am not explaining myself well enough, will try again.

Assume you are a customer who has been given a coupon code which entitles you to a free product if you make purchase.

Having browsed the catalogue and selected an item to buy you proceed through the check out process and after entering your Address details, email etc (order01) you come to the coupon code box, you enter the code and continue to the next screen (order02) where the cart content details explain that you qualify for a free product and invisting you to click the free item description, sending you to the free item in the catalogue (not normally free so has a price attached) you then select this item and go through the checkout process again. It is at this point that unless you re-enter the coupon code again in the coupon box the system will use the 'price' of the free item, consequently confusion can occur.

I have amended the descriptive text telling them to re-enter the coupon code again to qualify for the free offer, but is there no way for the system is remember that a code has been entered. I have tried different options re - only one discount per order etc but to no avail.
    Last edited by bwalton; 21-Dec-2004, 10:36 AM. Reason: Better explanation

try one last time

any suggestions

Comment

Hi Brian,

On a default site, i set up once discount using coupon codes. Uploaded it, checked out, put the coupon code in, pressed next, then cancel, so i go back to the product i added. Clicked on "View Cart" and then checkout and actinic remembers my coupon code.

Just want to check, in "View | Discount and Surcharge Setting | Miscellaneous", do you have "Checkout" ticked for "Allow Coupon Code Entry in:"

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Yes, I only use coupon code on the checkout, not in cart or pages

regards
        Brian

Comment

Hi there

So in a default site, it remembers the coupon code, but for yours, it clears it. Have you customised Act_Order01.html at all?

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Yes, but not excessively, I will post a copy of 0rder01 later when I get back to the office

Regards
            Brian

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Please find attached order01 as requested.

regards
              Brian
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

Just checked your Act_Order01.html and the only thing that is changed is the following

Code:
                <input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="10" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCODE">
                Which should not affect remembering the coupon code. I would suggest in raising an email ticket with support regarding this issue. The address is: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

I have done some work on this, restores the orginal order01 file but that did not correct the problem, then I changed the shopping mode from 'qty on confirmation page' to 'qty on product page' and it works fine now, perhaps you may want to try at your end in case it is a small bug.

Regards

Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X