Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user problem uploading first time.

Help!
    My service provider is ftp.businesserver.co.uk and when i us the wizard to upload site the program crashes. It gets to checking http connection to remote server then just stops.Other times it can not find cig-bin or can not find http? I have been trying for hours and have had no luck.
    Please help anyone!

There's an alternative to the wizard.

If you know what your sever settings should be (your server people should be able to help) you can try entering them in Advanced / Network Setup and then trying the "Test" button that's there.

You
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hello
      The test button is not working its grayed out. This is the first time tying to setup the settings and the only thing that works is the wizard?

Comment

Are the entry fields for all the configuration details greyed out too?

Comment

The Advanced network setup says Actinic host mode at the top of page, all the FTP details are grayed out. Server Details are ok - (cgi-bin grayed out)
          Any ideas?
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Ahah! Host mode is where you've been supplied with special version of Actinic pre-set to run on someones server. If that's the case you shouldn't need to set anything up as it is already configured. Best check with whoever supplied you with catalog to see what's going on.

If you're not meant to be running in Host Mode (i.e. you have a normal account with an ISP and have to set it up yourself) then you'll have to convert the catalog. This can be done via the Convert button in Advanced / Network Setup.

Comment

Hello
              Yes thats done it! Can you tell me how i get all the site in \public-html directory? As the site has uploaded but it does not show as index is in acatalog! directory which is out side \public-htmk (sigh)
              Thanks again

Comment

Actinic always puts nearly everything in the acatalog directory except the main Brochure page (if you're using Brochure) which is uploaded into the site root. Even then the images, etc come from acatalog.

You've not said if you're using the Brochure or not.

Comment

Catalog by default places an index file in the acatalog folder. This allows most people the flexibility they need to run a site along side the catalog with a separate index.

You have 3 options there

1 create an index file outside the acatalog folder which includes a link to the site
                  2 ask your host to bypass the index page and allow the site to open at the index within acatalog.
                  3 use a301 redirect from the index to acatalog index

Comment

Yes i am using Brochure.How do i make a link to index.html from outside?
                    Or is this not the best way to do it, will it make it harder for google to find ..?
                    Thanks again!

Comment

If you're using Brochure then you should now have an index.html in your site root. This is the start brochure page. It should have links to your shop which is also called index.html but is in the acatalog directory. This assumes you're using Actinics defaults as you can overule these page names.

How do i make a link to index.html from outside?
                      I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Best to give an example of what you want to do as, as I've explained above, there is more than one index.html.

Comment

I think i will have to give up, i need index.html in the public_html dir on uploading. The thing will just not work in the acatalog dir.The site i have made is just what i wanted but i can not get it to work live bacause of the folder problem!
                        Please there must a way of doing this , that i can do
                        Can i change the place actinic puts the index file?
                        Do i have to redo the site ? and rebuild it in a diffarent way?
                        Do i have to get service provider to change it. (which i do not think they will)
                        If you can help please do, and thanks for all your time.

Comment

i need index.html in the public_html dir on uploading.
                          That's exactly what Actinic does with your Brochure home page.

If that's not happening then you've done something wrong.

I'd suggest posting your network settings. Do Advanced / Network Setup / Export. Then paste contents of the textfile you exported into a message here. Make sure you obfuscate any passwords.

Comment

Hello

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
                            HTTPPROXYADDRESS
                            HTTPPROXYPORT 80
                            HTTPPROXYUSER
                            HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
                            FTPPROXYMODE 0
                            FTPPROXYADDRESS
                            FTPPROXYPORT 21
                            FTPPROXYUSER
                            FTPPROXYPASSWORD
                            SCRIPTID 1
                            SCRIPTEXT .pl
                            SMTPHOST smtp.businessserve.co.uk
                            WEBSITEURL www.vapextech.co.uk
                            IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
                            USERELATIVECGIURLS false
                            PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
                            USEENHANCEFTP false
                            FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
                            FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
                            FTPSILENT false
                            FTPMAXRETRIES 3
                            FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
                            SMTPAUTHREQUIRED true
                            SMTPUSERNAME
                            SMTPPASSWORD
                            CATALOGURL http://www.vapextech.co.uk/cgi-bin/acatalog/
                            CGIBINURL http://www.vapextech.co.uk/cgi-bin/
                            PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
                            CODEBASE ./public_html/
                            FTPHOST ftp.businessserve.co.uk
                            FTPUSERNAME
                            FTPPASSWORD i
                            PATHTOCGIBIN cgi-bin/
                            USEPASSIVEFTP false
                            FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Thanks again.

Comment

You CATALOGURL http://www.vapextech.co.uk/cgi-bin/acatalog/ is wrong.

You're keeping your acatalog directory inside cgi-bin not inside the site root (and in another line - PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/ - which is correct -
                              saying that it's not inside cgi-bin)

this should be

CATALOGURL http://www.vapextech.co.uk/acatalog/

Also CODEBASE ./public_html/ may be wrong (but this will only affect the Java Applet on checkout if you use it). This is usually

CODEBASE ./

Norman

Comment

Working...
                              X