Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation problems V6

Hi,
    I have v6 running on my pc, and a had a duplicate version on my laptop as a backup.
    Decided to purchase another unused v6 version for another site I had planned, so erased the laptop of Actinic completely, or so I thought.
    When installing the new clean version, I was only given the option of upgrading from v6 or v5. Neither of which fits the bill, clearly.
    It installed ok in another laptop - one that had never had a sniff of Actinic.

Question is - how can I install the my new version into the laptop that seems to have "knowledge" of previous a previous Actinic installation?

And, I was advised that this version, 6.1.4.1.0.0 would be good for Paypal configuration. It's not obvious how this is configured. is there a downlaod or update required?

Thanks in advance

Goatstroker

Hi there,

Question is - how can I install the my new version into the laptop that seems to have "knowledge" of previous a previous Actinic installation?
    Couple of things you could try.

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6" and delete this.
    2. Close down Actinic, and in Windows, Go to "Start | Run" type in "RegEdit.exe".

Find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog6" and delete the "Catalog6" key only

Then try to install the software. Should work

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Great! It's working!

Thanks for that. I figured it was a registry problem, but I can never remember the commands, as I very rarely stray into the registry...! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X