Attribute and Choice Positioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attribute and Choice Positioning

Can anyone tell me which netquotevar controls the positining of choices. I have been playing around with the product line template but that seems to be the only thing that I cannot position

I also seem to be getting a big gap between my product rows http://www.ss-4u.com/acatalog/copy_of_glitterx.html
    Last edited by namunday; 20-Dec-2004, 11:59 AM. Reason: Addition

Look in the Advanced Guide for NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You're using my Products In Columns patch (an out of date version). In your page code I can see.

<hr width=90%></td></tr><p align="center">

Where that <p align="center"> looks like it's defined outside of a table cell (the only valid thing that follows a </tr> is a new <tr> or a </table>).

So either something in your Product Template or Product Separator is wrong.

Comment

Norman, I was using the column layout code from the advanced user guide. Is there an update and will this solve the problem of the gaps. It seems to be there is a large gap on all of the products not just those in multiple columns. I have found the erroneous code you mentioned and delted that but it was only referring to the first large picture in that section.

Comment

I'm not sure how old that Advanced Guide info is.

It was taken from my sie. The most up-to-date version is on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/

I still see several <p align="center"> - they look like they're at the very bottom of your Product In Columns Template.

Comment

Norman
            I will try the latest patch. The remaining <p align="center">'s as far as i can see are all required to centralise various items.

Comment

A <p...> element will cause line breaks. You could use something that doesn't do that instead. If you only want centering, use the <center> ... </center> tags.

Comment

Norman,

I will have a look through my templates and see what I can do. One thing though, if I open up a brand new html page and just write "hello" and then select that text and click on the center justification toolbar button it creates <p align="center"> withoout causing a line break. Does this mean I should not use the center justification button - would this be considered lazy and i should try more coding by hand?

Comment

That's probably because you're using a WYSIWYG HTML editor. You're then letting it decide what happens to your code. I just use a simple text editor for these types of jobs.

Comment

Thanks Norman, one last thing, i want to insert a solid line between the rows of products laid out in columns. I have tried the prodcu line templates but this does not produce a solid line and also inserts on at the bottom. How does the productseparator template work with columns

Comment

To reduce demands on my time I'm only supporting these patches as Donationware - there's a forum www.drillpine.biz/forums/ for that.

Briefly: I don't use the productseparator between products in columns. If you want to have a separator between rows you'll have to amend the JavaScript that generates the new row whenever the column count is met.

Comment

Working...
                      X