No announcement yet.

Capitalise checkout address scripts change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when it is entered in upper case? Does it stay that way?
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Yes, it stays the exact way the user enters it

Dave
      Cheers

David
      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Something fundamental is wrong. Is the code in and being uploaded correctly?

I have added code in this place to verify the postal code. I’m in the US, and our codes are all numeric. At this point I check for non-numeric characters and set it to null if it is. Then Actinic tells the user to enter the code as if it was not entered. The change of the code works for me at this point.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

Bob,

Could be something to do with the difference in the versions. I have just tried it on a 'clean' layout on an old site using version 6 and it produces the same results.

Guess I will look at using Norman's Jarva code. Many thanks for all your help though!

Dave
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Maybe Actinic could add this to the wishlist. It isn't a big change, but at least if they do it then we won't have to manually alter the scripts every time there's an update.

And just to be clear. For me the key thing is to 'lower case' and then 'capitalise' the words, not change them to upper case (except for the postcode which should be upper case).

Mike

(and I know this will bug anyone called MacDonald or the like so the name field could always be left alone if people feel strongly about it).
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

A fine suggestion. I have made a recommendation to the development team.

Chris

Comment

I know this topic is extremely old but I recently ran into this recently with v9 and have not found a solution on the forum.. a bit of fiddling and the following solution will capitalize the delivery post code on orders where invoice and delivery addresses are different

Open ActinicOrder.pm

Find this (~line 439 in v9.05 JHZA):

Code:
                	if(defined $::g_InputHash{DELIVERPOSTALCODE})
                		{
                		$::g_ShipContact{'POSTALCODE'} = $::g_InputHash{DELIVERPOSTALCODE};
                		}
                change it to this:

Code:
                	if(defined $::g_InputHash{DELIVERPOSTALCODE})
                		{
                		$::g_ShipContact{'POSTALCODE'} = uc($::g_InputHash{DELIVERPOSTALCODE});
                		}

Comment

Working...
                X