Payment Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment Concerns

I've recently bought Developer V7 and am building two site, and it seems to be going well so far

However, I just spoke with a client who used catalog V6 and was unhappy and has now changed to another system. Reasons were as follows:

1. He said customers were having problems with cookies and this proved to often loose a sale.
    2. He also said that all payments were routed via Actinic, which he thought was inappropritate. He was haveing payment made via HSBC.

Are these valid comments? are they still issues with V7 or need I not worry about these issues when my sites go live?

He did state that he was no 'expert' when it come to the web, so he may be wrong. I just thought I would check.

Any views?

Thanks.

See some reviews HERE
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

As with many eCommerce systems, I believe that Actinic needs to use session cookies to hold the cart info between adding to cart and checking out.

Cookies are also used if the customer selects Remeber Me during checkout so that they do not have to retype their details on subsequent visits.

There are a lot of Payment Service Provider options in Actinic (and were in v6 too), that include WorldPay, Secure Trading, HSBC and many more. When used the credit card information is handled on the PSP secure site, not in Actinic.

There are also options to handle payments using encryption or SSL and maybe that is what your client is thinking about.

Tim Weaver
      WISE.CO.UK
      Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
      http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys,

Some useful points there which I will look at further. Hopefully there will be no problems.

Thanks again for your comments, much appreciated.

Rich.

Comment

Working...
        X