Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop ups

Hi

Does anyone know how to make a link into a pop-up. I am already using the extended info for something else. At present when you click on the link it brings up the calender but I want to ensure it is clear to the users how to get back (this is for not so internet savvy people out there!). Pop up I think is easier or is there another way??

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...Kashmir_3.html
    Thanks
    Sheila

You currently have
    Code:
    <A HREF=http://www.theindianweddingcompany.co.uk/Outlook_Calender/Mandap_Calender.htm  TARGET="_self">To check availability...</A>
    You can display that page using the built-in popup routine instead.
    Code:
    <A HREF="javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.theindianweddingcompany.co.uk/Outlook_Calender/Mandap_Calender.htm',500,600);">To check availability...</A>
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

Where do I paste this please?

Please keep it simple. My brain is frying right now!!
      Thanks
      Sheila

Comment

Wherever you had the first bit of code. Or just put it into your Product description between !!< and >!!

Comment

Hi Norman

1st - Tried pasting into the Product description but upon viewing it, it shows 'to check availability'.... and then the rest of the code also is displayed.

2nd - Tried pasting it in the simple link under url. Actinic states not valid url.

3rd - And this is how I am currently linking the calender to the product. Pasted it in advanced link and it works but cannot see the url when you click on it. I'm sure it's me! Also the info button for the extended info is no longer a link!
          Thanks
          Sheila

Comment

I just put

Code:
            !!<<A HREF="javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.theindianweddingcompany.co.uk/Outlook_Calender/Mandap_Calender.htm',500,600);">To check availability...</A>>!!
            into the Product Description on my site and it worked just fine. Make sure you paste it in as one long line.

Comment

Thanks Norman it works!! I told you it was me!!

I was pasting it in the wrong field. I was trying to paste in the full description field rather than the short description. All working fine. I can now hire items!! Yipee..

I'm glad I got this figured out. Nearly there. Have to go live by 1st Jan'05 as per our advertising campaign. Now to sort out all the other niggly bits. Thank you Norman.
              Thanks
              Sheila

Comment

It should work either in the Product Description or in the Full Description (or both).

Also you still have some errors. It looks like there is something left over from your earlier attempts. Click the Info link and you'll see something in the extended info description.

Comment

Hi Norman

Not me. I haven't pasted anything in the Ext. Info section. I removed the link from the desciption and it seems it is that is causing the error on the extended info button. How do I correct it please?
                  Thanks
                  Sheila

Comment

OK. I see what's happening. Actinic is trying to use the Product Description as the <META NAME="ACTINICTITLE" for the popup page. As this now contains some extra HTML and JavaScript this is breaking the poupp pages slightly.

The cure for this is to stop using the
                    Code:
                    !!<<A HREF="javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.theindianweddingcompany.co.uk/Outlook_Calender/Mandap_Calender.htm',500,600);">To check availability...</A>>!!
                    bit in the Product Description and put it in the Full Description instead.

Comment

You are a wonderful man !
                      Thanks
                      Sheila

Comment

You may not know this but you have a HUGE image on that page.

The file Ganesh.JPG is thousands of pixels wide and is 1.3 Megabytes in size. This means that anyone looking at that page via a dial-up modem will need to wait several minutes before everything arrives.

You've adjusted the IMG tag to display it smaller but that doesn't help speed up the download.

The best thing to do is to make extra copies of your images (with different names) for each size you want to view them at.

E.g. ganesh-l.jpg sized to 600 pixels wide is big enough for use on the popup page and ganesh-s.jpg sized to 100 pixels wide for use on the product page.

Also it's a good idea to use just lower-case letters for all your image names and never to include a space in a filename.

Comment

Sorry about that! It's just that as I'm chopping and changing alot and I have not yet re-sized the pictures. Besides these won't be the actual pictures. I just inserted whatever to test the software. The Ice-Sculptures are all in the correct sizes though.

I just have this last glitch which I have posted a new thread for and then hopefully I can start loading up and go live. I really like the software, it's brill even if it does keep us up at night. I've ordered the new software and I want to iron out these glitches before I really start cracking on with uploading pictures etc..

I'm glad that I'm taking the time to learn the software first as it means I will hopefully make less mistakes when entering everything. I'm reading all the problem users are having once they upload 1000-2000+ products and then their having to go in and make changes to each product.
                          Thanks
                          Sheila

Comment

Just thought I'd point it out as it was an invisible gremlin that was having an adverse effect on your pages.

Another thing you might want to try is moving the additional image code in the HTML for name field to before the description. This way the images will all line up better.

Comment

What is the code please or where can I find it? I was going to work on lining up the component pictures more better.
                              Thanks
                              Sheila

Comment

Working...
                              X