Space under brochure logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space under brochure logo

I have got a stray space appearing underneath the brochure logo on Internet Explorer. This doesn't appear on Netscape, or the Mac browsers IE, netscape and safari.

After doing a view source, I can see there is a space after the image declaration in the brochure primary template. I've removed all the comments and line breaks from the brochure logo template to try and get rid of the space but still getting it. Compact html/cgi is set.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this space? You can see it on www.edgeimpactdraft3.co.uk/home.htm

Thanks

Sylvia

Hello

Ive looked at your site in Internet Explorer, Netscape and Firefox - and all look the same, there dosent appear to be a bigger gap in internet explorer than other browsers that I can see.

Comment

Hi James

The problem is that space between the bottom of the watch and the green bar underneath. How do I get rid of it as the bottom of the watch is supposed to sit on top of the bar.

I've followed the advice in the knowledge base and removed all comments from the logo template and ensured the compact html/cgi tick box is ticked.

Any suggesstions appreciated.

Thanks

Sylvia

Comment

Hi Sylivia

I can see the gap you mean now.

One thing to try is removing the commented out code (the code that thats is surrounded by <!-- and -->)from the templates that the brouchure primary uses.

If you go to Advanced | Template Manager | Brouchure, you will be able to access all these templates - Logo Image, Nav. Item, Dis.NavItem and Nav.Image.

Let me know how that goes.
        ________

Comment

Hi James

I've checked this and all the comments had been taken out and there doesn't seem to be any extra spaces line breaks anywhere.

Regards
          Sylvia

PS Have a great Christmas!

Comment

Hi Sylvia,

In your primary template (and brochureprimary template), try giving the cell that the logo sits in a height of '79'.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Changing the cell height to 79 didn't make any difference, but I shouldn't have to reduce the cell height to smaller than the image anyway.

If I hard code the logo into the template all is displayed correctly on all the browsers I'm testing on so the stray space is causing the problem. My client is not too happy about this though as it removes the automation.

Where does this stray space get generated so that I can remove it.

I emailed support with ticket number 42354 on on 22/12/2004 but haven't received a reply yet (which is most unusual as I've always found the support team very helpful).

Thanks

Comment

Hi Sylvia,

I have checked this out in IE6, and Mozilla Firefox and I can see no space between the watch and navigation bar, hope this helps.

Rgds

MJ

www.OneStopSafetyShop.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I've looked at the ticket number you have posted and it looks like an e-mail was sent to you on 22 December. I will ask the relevant support member to resend it to you.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Hi MJ

I still had the version up where I had hardcoded the logo in but I've reuploaded now.

The space problem occurs on IE only. Its ok in netscape and safari.

Tracey - thanks for looking into this. I did receive an email on the 22/12 which basically recommended hard coding the logo. I replied to this on the 22/12 saying I wasn't happy with this solution as it removed the automation of the logo and asked about where this space came from so I could remove. I haven't had a reply to this yet. I did a 'reply to' so it went to the same support person.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Sylvia,

I still had the version up where I had hardcoded the logo in but I've reuploaded now.
                      I'm getting a 'page not found' error from the link in the original post. Is it not there anymore?
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Sorry, the page has changed name. The link is http://www.edgeimpactdraft3.co.uk/index.html.

Thanks

Sylvia

Comment

Hi Sylvia,

Can I see your snapshot please - I've e-mailed you with an address to send it to.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

I've sent the snapshot.

Comment

Hi Sylvia,

I notice that you removed the comments and spaces from Act_BrochureImage.html but not from the Act_LogoImage.html. If you do this then it should solve the issue on both brochure and shop pages. Act_BrochureImage.html relates to the fragment images and not the logo (the button is confusing in the 'Template Manager').
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X