Update site through FTP Prog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update site through FTP Prog?

I was wondering. Is it possible to update the actinic catalogue by manually copying the required files over the other ones using an FTP program, WS FTP for example?

The reason I ask is I read that when actinic reviews the files it checks which ones need to be uploaded by checking the dates on the files, so I assume when you modify a product or section, it obviously records that it has been changed on that days date and recognises that the one on the server is an old date and updates it.

If that is the case, would it work if I copy relevant files from the site directory into the acatalog in my FTP program so they are both exactly the same? If I then updated through actinic, would it recognise that the files are of the same date and not update them?

Its just that I had some problems, used an old backup, and it wants to update everything again! So I was wondering if I could do it this way while Im at home over Christmas using my fast broadband connection, so it will update wuick and can be worked on when we come back in the new year?

It all sounds fairly straight forward in theory, will it work?

Hi Nick,

It is possible to manually upload your Actinic web site.

- Go to Advanced | Generate scripts - read instruction on what file to upload to the cgi-bin folder.
    - Go to Advanced | Generate Web Site - You will need to upload all your images, *.fil, *.cat files to the acatalog folder.
    -Browse to the Site HTML folder and upload all the generated files.

That should be it.

Let me know if you get any problems.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi thanks. If I do this does Actinic recognise that these files have been updated, so for example if I hit the update site button, would it update any of the files I just updated again through the FTP program or would it leave them unless they had changed in any way?
      Cheers.

Comment

Hi Nick,

I just uploaded a test site to my server using the manual method. I then added a product and clicked the updated button in Actinic. Only a couple of files were uploaded so it looks Actinic can detect what files just need to be uploaded to update the site.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
        X