Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping

I'm nearly finished testing with the trial version. So far so good.

Now a new problem.

I have set up my zones and classes under shipping and added the prices according to weight as I have many products that need to be shipped in many different form such as courier, timed delivery, etc..

I tested an Ice-Sculptures which I have set at 50kg and Mandaps at 100kg. I have set the shipping accordingly but when you add either of the products to the shopping cart it shows shipping charges for the other products and vice versa as well. I'm sure I have overlooked something!!

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial8544/Mohini.html
    Thanks
    Sheila

Hi Sheila,

If I add the Mohini Mandap product I do not get any shipping charges in the checkout. Have you changed something recently?

Could you please provide me more details on how you have set up your shipping?
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi

My problem is that I have many products to set up that are all different shipping methods.

Ice Sculptures - Timed and untimed by zones. Timed if possible customer needs to select a 1 hour slot. I hour slot not neccesary as I can contact customer directly if I have to.
      Mandaps - by zone
      Items such as flowers most probably be London only but I need to add a surcharge of £5 for the Congestion zone in central london.
      Items such as table decor etc.. will all most probably be sent by Royal Mail or courier (haven't decided yet) so they will be sent out by weight most probably using the tables you supply.
      Backdrop - by zone
      Invitatation cards - by zone via courier.

So you can see I have quite a difficult mission!

At present I set up the delivery as follows

Mandap = 100kg
      Ice Sculpture = 50kg

In my delivery section I set up the following to test

London
      50kg - Untimed - FOC
      50kg - Timed 9-6pm £35
      50kg - Timed 6-9pm £35
      100kg - Mandap set-up and delivery £100

The Mandap when added to the cart works fine. The problem is when you add an ice-sculpture (I presumed that the weight would trigger of the correct selection) it also shows the Mandap charge which of course is not appropriate.

I haven't even tried to add the 2 combinations. I dread to think how Actinic will deal with it.

I know our requirements are quite complex. Last night I resort to adding the delivery to each section as an component, which is the only way I can think of that will get around all our shipping needs. The Royal Mail and courier items I will still use the shipping table by weight. Anything with it's own delivery option will have a zero weight with no charge. I tried the zero weight last night but it was adding 27p and 71p to the cart??

Please advise as I really need this to work or this whole project falls flat on it's face!
      Thanks
      Sheila

Comment

Hi Shelia,

It may be possible to set this up using weights. Try setting up your products with the following weight:

Product Weight

Table Decor - Assign correct weight for product
        Invitation Cards - 50kg
        Flowers - 100kg
        Ice Sculptures - 1000kg
        Mandaps - 10000kg

You now need to set your shipping by weight (View | Business Settings | Shipping and Handling). Remove all the zones except UK and leave the 1st and 2nd Royal Mail classes.

Right click on UK and select Add Class | New Class, call it something like "Mandaps Delivery" and click OK. On the grid to the right, click the "+" button and set a weight of 10000kg and cost of £100.

Repeat the above for the other classes:

Class Weight in kg Cost

Ice Sculptures 9-6pm 1000 35
        Ice Sculptures 6-9pm 1000 35
        Ice Sculptures Untimed 1000 0
        Flowers - London Only 100 5
        Invitation Cards - Courier 50 4.50

Set each class excess to "Don't Allow Excess"

Upload and test.

You may find the classes are defaulting to the class selected with the last order. This is just the cookie remembering the last order. In Internet Explorer go to Tools | Internet Options | General and click "Delete Cookies". If you place an order after that the correct shipping will be selected.

Hope this helps.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi Toby

I have tried this already. If you reverert to my earlier posting! If you try to add an ice sculpture, the delivery for mandap also shows up.

If I add Mandaps then the shipping charge is fine. I have uploaded the charges for mandaps and ice sculptures for you to see. I thought Actinic should trigger the correct charge for a 50kg sculpture in which case it should show the correct choices which are the 2 timed slots or untimed.

Is there a problem with my software?

Anyway I prefer the method adding components as I can customise the shipping to each product. I'm sure this is not the best way but if the normal shipping method doesn't work then this is my only option.
          Thanks
          Sheila

Comment

Hi Shelia,

If I add Mandaps then the shipping charge is fine. I have uploaded the charges for mandaps and ice sculptures for you to see. I thought Actinic should trigger the correct charge for a 50kg sculpture in which case it should show the correct choices which are the 2 timed slots or untimed.
            I have just tried to test this out but when I select my country and proceed I get the following error:

Select Shipping Destination - Please select a state or province.

Is this a known problem at your end?
            Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi Tony

You have to select a state or province. I have restricted delivery to UK only for now.

I'm assuming you didn't select it?? If not I don't know why this would be a problem.

Last night I tried the various shipping weights to see if I could get the shipping charges to work the way I want but it doesn't. I think I have to presume that as our requirement for shipping are so complex it is better for me to resort to components and choices which allows me to tailor each section. The other problem I discovered last night is if you a Mandap and an ice sculpture together Actinic does not offer the varous choices for each product. I'm assuming it cannot??

If you know a workaround brill if not don't worry.
              Thanks
              Sheila

Comment

You have to select a state or province
                That's strange because I do not see a dropdown list to select a state or province.

Could you please clear out your cookies by going to Tools | Internet Option | General then click the "Delete Cookies" button. Now place a test order and purchase an Ice Sculpture. If you set up your shipping tables like mine you should get the correct shipping charge and not the Mandap charge.
                Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi

Sorry got fed with trying to resolve the shipping problem so I switched it off.

I've put it back on now. Deleted the cookies but no luck the ice sculpture will still show the Mandap delivery as well the delivery prices for ice sculptures.

Is Actinic supposed to display only the prices related to the weight of the product??
                  Thanks
                  Sheila

Comment

Hi Tony

I've switched the weights around now. If you purchase an Ice sculpture now the delivery price is correct but if you purchase a mandap then pricing for both Mandaps and ice sculptures comes up. I have don't allow excess selected.
                    Thanks
                    Sheila

Comment

Hi Sheila,

So you can actually checkout?

I've been trying to investigate the site with the trial URL on your first post, as I can see no other address posted.

I take it you've uploaded it somewhere else? Could you please post the URL so I can take a look?
                      Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Sorry Toby if I sent you to the wrong place.

Sme parts of it are live (Advertising, open new account). Sections like the products are still undergoing design and are only for testing purposes until I get all the final problems sorted.

http://www.theindianweddingcompany.c...alog/home.html
                        Thanks
                        Sheila

Comment

Ahh no worries.

I've just followed my shipping instructions on a new Actinic store. If I order the Mandap the shipping charge will just default to my Mandap cost. As you say, your site shows the Ice options as well as the Mandap when ordering the Mandap product.

Could you just please confirm that shipping and product weights are set the same as above? Do your classes look something like the picture attached?

Attached Files
                          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
                          X