Order Download Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Download Problems!

I had some problems with my Actinic catalogue so I copied an old backup into place, tried to download orders and got an error message:

The server scripts are incompatable with this version of actinic. Refresh the website etc.

Server version = "6 DDVA" Client version = "6 EGRA"

I've read on here that you need to copy the script files from the orignal folder and refresh the website. Now thats the bit that is worrying me. The refresh. Refreshing everything, including all the images used. Its a pretty big site and would take ages.

First off, if I start to do a refresh, and then cancel it because it's the end of the day and I need to shut down, if I start it off again the next day, will it refrsh from the start or carry on from where it left off?

Secondly If I set it refreshing and leave it on when I leave work, and then the net connection cuts out, when I come back to it in the morning will I be able to carry on with it this way? Will it produce an alert message informing me of the connection to the server being down, and will it let me click retry or something so it just carrys on?

This obviously needs to be done, but its gonna take a while and I want to get it done asap as customers may be placing orders and I cant download them at all.

Hi,

It sounds like you have copied in a backup that was made in an old version so you have copied in the old scripts too. You will have to open 'Windows Explorer' and browse to 'c:\program files\actinic ecommerce v6\sites\site1' and delete all files ending in .pl and .pm. Then go to 'c:\program files\actinic ecommerce v6\Original' and copy the files ending in .pl and .pm and paste them back into your 'Site1' folder.

You can then try going into Actinic and in the 'Advanced' menu select 'Generate Scripts' and try downloading after that. If that does not work then a full refresh will have to be done.

if I start to do a refresh, and then cancel it because it's the end of the day and I need to shut down, if I start it off again the next day, will it refrsh from the start or carry on from where it left off?
    It will start again from the beginning.

Secondly If I set it refreshing and leave it on when I leave work, and then the net connection cuts out, when I come back to it in the morning will I be able to carry on with it this way? Will it produce an alert message informing me of the connection to the server being down, and will it let me click retry or something so it just carrys on?
    If the network connection cuts out you will probably get an error message but it depends on the server as to wether you will be able to carry on again or not.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X