Multiple choice options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple choice options

Let's say I have 3 flavours of tubs of a product, and am doing an offer of a discount for 3 tubs, and want to give the choice of any combination of flavours, ie one of each, 3 chocolate, 3 strawberry, 3 banana, 2 chocolate and 1 banana, and so on. Is this possible, maintaining correct stock control? I am familiar with using components: attributes: choices, linking to hidden products, etc.

Sarah

Hi,

You would need to set it up so that you have the main 'ice-cream' product with a component, attribute and the choices attached. Then you would have to create a hidden product for each choice and associate the 'component permutation' to the relevant hidden product. You stock levels will then be reflected in the hidden product.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

It's more difficult than that

Hi Tracey; sorry but you have missed the point. I already know how to do that. How do I create the options to buy 2 of one flavour, one of another, in any permutation, and still maintain the stock control? Doing three in one flavour is simple.

Sarah

Comment

Hi,

When you associate the permutation to a hidden product, the stock is controlled in the hidden product. So your products would be set up like:

Ice-Cream (product)
        --Flavour (Component)
        ----Choices (Attribute)
        -------Banana (Choice)
        -------Strawberry (Choice)

Banana Ice-Cream (Hidden Product)
        Strawberry Ice-Cream (Hidden Product)

In the 'permutation' tab of your component you would select the 'Fill List' button to add the choices and then you would associate each option to the relevant hidden product. Then your customers can order as many as they like of each flavour and when you download the order the stock levels will be maintained in the hidden products.

I hope this is clearer.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X