Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax - inclusive, exclusive, excessive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax - inclusive, exclusive, excessive...

Is there any way to get the taxing thing to work out how much tax to be taken away from an overall price?

example - I have a product which i sell for £10 - i want the price to be set to £10 with 17.5% VAT.

I DONT however want to have to work out the price i should set it to for Actinic to add the 17.5% on to./

If i set the price to £10 VAT INC then it displays the price of "£11.75"

How would i get it so that the price is set to £10 and Actinic works out how much of that is Tax?

http://yahoo.digita.com/taxcentral/h...or/default.asp

i found that tool to work out the VAT within a price, so surely it wouldnt be too hard for Actinic to incorporate that algorithm into their next release (unless it isnt already in there...)

Comment

It is q very complicated affair from the point of view of when you calculate the VAT from the VAT-inclusive price - do you do it on a line by line basis, or do you do it to the entire order? Do you round up or down? How do you ensure the amount is correct for going into accounting packages etc?

It is an area we are looking at and taking very seriously, but it is going to require a lot of work. For now you must enter VAT-exclusive prices into Actinic.

Comment

Working...
      X