Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filenames duplicated

Hi All

Hope you had a great Xmas and are looking forward to a prosperous 2005.

I have a slight problem stopping me uploading my site, I have a file name conflict as detailed below.

"some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Advanced | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Movie-legends-online\Legends\Gold Discs\button1.gif
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Movie-legends-online\Legends\Buttons\button1.gif

The first item does not exist, the folder was deleted months ago as it is no longer used and I have changed the name of the second item, but still, everytime I try to upload or refresh the site I get the same message.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Ian
    Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

I'd try renaming it as a completely new name, ie button5 or something, and maybe your path name on your sites still looking for a button1.gif? I've come across this before and it was easily sorted once I found the problem filename/path. I think.

All the best Ian.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

If these files aren't in Advanced / Additional Files, then you may have them in some products details.

Actinic isn't helping here as the error message would be MUCH more usable if it told you where the filename conflict was located rather than just telling you it exists.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Ian

You say you have deleted the folder contianing \Gold Discs\button1.gif, but are you sure that you have deleted or changed all products that are trying to reference that gif (even though it no longer exists).
        It may be that you have products trying to reference gifs that are no longer in their original locations.
        This should result in a 'not found' error rather than a duplicate name error, but is just one line of thought

Martin

Comment

Here's a suggestion.

Try a search within your store directory for button1.gif.

Delete any button1.gif files where found.

Try to upload the store.

This should then throw up errors listing the products that contain references to button1.gif ie image not found.

One of these should be your rogue product

Comment

Working...
          X