Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout after confirm

All,

I wonder if anyone can help. My client wants to be able to go to the checkout after confirming a single item. For example, add an item to the basket, confirm and then instead of displaying "please wait while your browser forwards you to the next page or click here", have something like :

Click to checkout now or here to continue shopping.

I have tried coding the checkout link into the correct entry Options...Text so that prompt.fil gets updated, but then Actinic appends a load of stuff on the end and I get a script error (something like bad input).

Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

This is what the 'checkout now' button does, you can change the text on the confirm page button in design/text/misc so maybe all you need to do is to change the text on the checkout now button.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The prompt for the text on the 'Checkout Now' button is '184'. Click the 'Go to' button to go to this directly.

Comment

having looked at the V6.1 beta, if you set the bounce page to 0 it takes you to the view basket page which has all the options you need.

hope this helps
        Darren

Comment

change confirm button text

Originally posted by Jan
          This is what the 'checkout now' button does, you can change the text on the confirm page button in design/text/misc so maybe all you need to do is to change the text on the checkout now button.

Regards
          I just joined and never used a community forum before, so please excuse me if I am not doing this right.

I went and changed the text of the confirm button under design/text/misc to View cart to confirm and have updated my site, but it does not change the text. It still says confirm.

Can anyone help. Thank you
          www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
          Unique Gifts & Home Decor
          Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
          www.bonniesgifts.com
          Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
          Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

It may be that you are using an image for your 'confirm' button (called 'confirm.gif' in your 'Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1' folder).

If that is the case, then you will need to edit the appearence of this image with a graphical editing program.

If you can tell me what theme you are using, I can give some some more clues.

Comment

change confirm button reply

Hi Chris

Thanks. Is there anyway to change the update, retrieve, continue shopping, confirm, checkout now, etc., buttons to text hyperlinks

ocbon
              www.bonniesgifts.com
              Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Yes - although they will be gray HTML push buttons rather than hyperlinks.

You just need to copy some files around on your PC.

Open Windows Explorer can navigate to

C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Formats\Themes\BusinessCSS

Copy the following files from here into your 'Sites\Site1' folder:

Act_OrderDetail.html
                Act_ShoppingCart.html

This will use gray push buttons rather than images. You can then edit the text on these as described above.

Comment

cart buttons

Originally posted by cdicken
                  Yes - although they will be gray HTML push buttons rather than hyperlinks.

You just need to copy some files around on your PC.

Open Windows Explorer can navigate to

C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Formats\Themes\BusinessCSS

Copy the following files from here into your 'Sites\Site1' folder:

Act_OrderDetail.html
                  Act_ShoppingCart.html

This will use gray push buttons rather than images. You can then edit the text on these as described above.
                  Hi Chris

I have made all new buttons for update, retrieve, continue shopping,confirm, checkout now, and save. I have named them different than what is already in my clean layout theme.

I have placed them in my Site 1 folder. Will the new buttons override the original buttons or do I need to do something to get the new buttons to be the active buttons. Or do I need to name them the same as the original buttons in my clean layout theme to replace the original ones.

Thanks
                  Bonnie
                  www.bonniesgifts.com
                  Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

You can either

1) Rename your new buttons to be the same filename as the existing buttons. This will mean that they get automatically used.

2) Edit 'Act_OrderDetail.html' and 'Act_ShoppingCart.html' and search for 'src='. You can change the image filenames here to point to your new images.

I recommend option 1) as being much the easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X