Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with product description - Trying to insert a form

http://www.irwebonline.com/acatalog/...pter_1709.html

As you can see from the page above, ive tried to insert a form into my product description, the problem is when you click on the submit button it tries to add the item to the shopping card (I think)

Below is the information that was entered into the product description within actinic. Can someone try to help me so i can get the form post actually sending to my email address ?

We don't currently have a ghost dual sim adapter for this phone. Please enter your details below to be contacted when one is available.

!!<<form action="mailto:simon@irwebonline.com?subject=Email me when the 2600 dual sim is available." method="post" enctype="text/plain">
    <table><tr>
    <td>
    Enter the model of your phone
    <INPUT NAME="Enter your name" TYPE="text" SIZE=20>
    <BR>
    Enter your email address: <INPUT NAME="Enter your email address" TYPE="text" SIZE=20><BR>

</td></tr>
    <tr><td align=center>
    <INPUT TYPE="submit" value="submit" style="color: #ffffff; background-color: #000000">
    </td></tr></table>
    </FORM>>!!
    http://www.irwebonline.com

Each product lives inside an Actinic generated FORM. You can't nest forms. The way to overcome this is to use a customised product template containing your form but to locate it immediately after NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND. You'll need to start a new

<tr><td colspan=3>MY FORM CODE</td></tr>

to keep things in place.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Simon

Sorry nothing to do with your query but I would like to know how you did your header. I tried to open up logo in Adobe Paintshop to modify it but everytime I save it the end gets cut of. The banner/header I am using now is very simple as I cannot get it the way I like. How did you get the address bit as you have?? Did you have to modify something other then the logo image?
      Thanks
      Sheila

Comment

Hi, Sheila.

For the logo i used paint shop pro.
        You should be able to download a trial from www.jasc.com
        As for the address in the bar at the top, i just edited the page ACT_Primary.html with Dreamweaver.
        http://www.irwebonline.com

Comment

PS. You don't need a form. Try just adding this (as one long line) to your Product Template.

Code:
          <input type=button value="Email me when available" onclick="location.href='mailto:simon@irwebonline.com?subject=Email me when the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE is available.&body=Email me when the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE is available';">
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X