Payment bfore delivery - view payment greyed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment bfore delivery - view payment greyed out

I have some products that are configured so that at checkout the price comes up as zero (using sum of components where they are zero). This is to enable an enrollment from which we then send a confirmation form that the customer must sign and return with their payment. On receipt of the initial zero order I have added an adjustment to make the total correct for the product and then send them the invoice with the confirmation form.

Problem is I have now received payment for an item (by bank transfer), but under the Progress & payments the View payment button is greyed out, so I cannot update the order to show that the payment has been received. It will allow me to send an email saying it has been received, but the status of the order remains pending.

Is this a bug and is there any way out of this?

(Using 5.1.5 CMEA)

Tim Weaver

Tim Weaver
    WISE.CO.UK
    Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
    http://www.wise.co.uk

You might need to change the payment type, some payment type such as 'credit card' don't allow you to enter payments. The invoice with order and the send credit card details separately do - although with the latter I think that you have to enter credit card details to allow payments to be made.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've tried changing payment types, but the button remains greyed out. On other pending orders with the Payment before Delivery option the button is not greyed out and I can enter payments when they arrive with no problems.

I think the problem I have stems from the fact that the product prices are zero and only the adjustments are non-zero. It is as if it has failed to recognise that the total is non-zero in this case.

That is why I suspect that it may be an Actinic Bug.

Tim Weaver
      WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

I have passed this onto the development team and I'll hopefully sort you out with a workaround or news of a fix fairly soon.

Comment

We have been able to recreate this, but unfortunately it is a bug in the C++ code so there is no way to give you a Perl hack (or equivalent) to fix it.

There will be a fix for it in the next version of v6, but there will not be another release of v5.

Probably not the news you wanted - but it's best to tell you it how it is.

Comment

What is the combination that causes the bug - might it be possible to workaround this by changing the database directly, for example would changing the price in the order detail line in the database fix it?

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Chris

We are taking the plunge and upgrading to V6 Developer, so that may be the route to a long term fix. In the short term we have changed the pricing for these items to be the full price and asked customers to select the Payment before Delivery option at checkout. However, it looks like we will have to re-enter this specific order to get the invoice out of the system.

Jan

There is one product in the order with one choice and one zero priced component, (pricing was set to sum of components). There are also two adjustments with values (covering the real cost of the product and component), plus a shipping charge - all with VAT normal. The customer has paid by bank transfer.

Tim Weaver
              WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

Hi Tim,

This is an odd one, I have played around with the database of my many 0 value orders and the only way to get that button to enable is to change the value of the field called 'Original Order Cost' on the orders table to (in my case) 1p. The button is then enabled. Can't quite see why though.

If you wanted to continue to sell at 0 price you could then run a SQL query each day to change the original value to 1p for products with an original value of 0.

Regards,

Jan.

Comment

Jan

I have made a copy of the database, but I have not tried editting it directly before. If I try to open it in Access 2000 it wants to either:

a) convert it
                  b) open as is, but not allow changes to be saved.

Please can you tell me what the normal process is for editting and resaving the mdb file?

Thanks,

Tim Weaver
                  WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

I would suggest just opening it, it is the database structure that is readonly in a windows 97 database rather than the data. You should find that you are able to change the value of the fields.

Regards,

Jan.

Comment

Thanks Jan - that has circumvented the problem very satisfactorily.

Tim Weaver
                      WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X