Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog Links

Happy New Year everybody!

I have a curious problem which I could use some advice on.
    I built a separate catalog page for my site, with links from every row to the product in the catalog.
    the site is www.newtrecords.co.uk - and the catalog page is www.newtrecords.co.uk/cataweb/webcat.HTML

now, on my PC all the links work fine every time. however, on my colleague's PC not 6 feet away from me, all the links get a 'NO PAGE EXISTS' reply.
    but then, I went down the road to a friends house house, to see if the links worked from there, and they only work half the time!!!!
    this as you can imagine has caused me a great deal of confusion..

the sites being hosted by netbenefit on a Linux server. any help with why this is happening will be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time.
    still thinking of one...

Well I get 404 errors too.

where does your catalog reside, as the page it is trying to find is

http://www.newtrecords.co.uk/cataweb....html#aca003cd

are your pages in a folder called cataweb or are they at acatalog

Comment

they reside in acatalog..
      still thinking of one...

Comment

I just tried setting up a link with Actinic from the home brochure page to a product using the [LINK] command, and exactly the same problem exists.
        still thinking of one...

Comment

What have you done to make catalog think there is a folder called cataweb?

Comment

nothing - cataweb is just where the webcat.html page resides.
            are you saying the webcat.html page should reside in the same folder as main catalog?
            still thinking of one...

Comment

you need to ensure your links point to the acatalog folder, at present you are generating links to the wrong folder hence the 404 error.

Comment

I hate to question the voice of superior knowledge (lol) but - are you sure?

this is the first link on the page:
                http://newtrecords.co.uk/cgi/ss00000...60lp&NOLOGIN=1
                see, if I copy that url into my browser it takes me straight to the product!

now, if you go see the home brochure page -(www.newtrecords.co.uk) - and scroll down, you'll see a link named broch-link which I did with the actinic interface using the [LINK] command. now for me, this also goes straight to the product - but alas, not for anybody else!

any idea why?
                still thinking of one...

Comment

When someone clicks on the link which you have created http://newtrecords.co.uk/cgi/ss0000...260lp&NOLOGIN=1

it is translated into
                  http://www.newtrecords.co.uk/cataweb....html#atg260lp

if you were to move the file called webcat.HTML into a catalog folder it will probably work.

Comment

The link does not work for me either. Would a site refresh be required?
                    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

thanks guys.. I've moved everything around and changed all the links. will let you know how it goes...
                      still thinking of one...

Comment

thanks again

I moved the catweb.html into the acatalog folder and refreshed the web site and now everybody's link works!

fantastic!
                        still thinking of one...

Comment

Working...
                        X