Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricted Shipping Ranges

Hi,
    I need to know if its possible to restrict the shipping classes that are presented the customer during checkout.

I have carefully defined a range of different classes, for different UK regions, according to weight. These cover services offered by the Royal Mail (First Class/Special Delivery) up to 1kg and ANC (Express Parcel/Easi-Pac) up to 30kg.

My predicament is this..
    The customer places an order for a small item (weighing 1000g/1kg). This should offer the client (by default) a standard First Class service - which it does successfully.
    However the clients wishes to insure the consignment and so decides to select an alternative shipping class from the drop-down list of available services.
    Due to the fact that the consignment only weighs 1kg, it seem pointless to offer services for packets and parcels up to 30kg in weight! Actinic however does this, which is very confusing to the customer.

Therefore, is there some way in which Actinic can search for shipping classes between predefined total order weights?

I welcome any comments and advice experienced users have to offer.

Thanks
    Kevin Simpson
    Simpsons of Langley Ltd.
    Manufacturers and Retailers of Professional Pet Grooming Products.
    http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk

Hi Kevin

Please could you post up a screenshot of your consignment list.

The reason why i am asking is because i want to see if you just have one line or loads of values. As weights are specific, then you could just simply have:

Weights in Kg......................Price
    1.00..................................$1.50

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Restricted Shipping Ranges

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Here are some examples of shipping weights and costs.

Zone: (UK Mainland)
      Class: First Class
      500g = £1.55
      1000g = £3.13

Class: Insured Packet (Next Day)
      1001g = £4.90
      5000g = £4.90

Class: Insured Parcel (Next Day)
      5001g = £6.75
      30000g = £6.75

This is just one example, there are currently different zones for the following regions some of which share the same classes.

UK (Mainland)
      UK (Northern Ireland)
      UK (Channel Islands)
      UK (Scottish Highlands)
      UK (Scottish Offshore Islands)

I've also noticed today, despite clearly defining different UK regions/states, with unique abbreviations, that the following message keeping appearing.

"The following regions have been defined in more than one zone for the same shipping class. It is recommended that you make appropriate corrections:"

However, there are no specific 'problematic' regions listed.

I look forward to any help and advice you can provide.

Regards,
      Kevin Simpson
      Simpsons of Langley Ltd.
      Manufacturers and Retailers of Professional Pet Grooming Products.
      http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Have the same problem as you. I was getting different options for delivery even though I defined the weight under the zones, classes etc.. blah blah blah. Never resolved it so I have resorted to adding delivery as an component to ensure I can customise the various shipping methods, timed and untimed and zones that I need.
        Thanks
        Sheila

Comment

Hi Kevin

As Nadeem mentioned earlier, it looks like the best way for you to set this up would be to create a consignment shipping list using weights, under each of your zones.

I.e.

Weight Cost
          1KG ?10

That would basically give you a optional consignment shipping option, where if you selected it, and the product you have purchased weighs under 1KG, the the shipping charge will be ?10 - any weight over that will be nothing, unless you set up more rows in the table of weights and costs.

Hope that helps
          ________

Comment

Working...
          X